~Girls Like You~

Shoutout to NutellaxChocoLatte for being  such an amazing reader and supporter of this book. Your comments mean the world to me, even if it's just a simple question. So thank you for being you <3 Read her book 'The Butterfly Pin' ;)

Cause girls like you run 'round with guys like me
'Til sun down when I come through
I need a girl like you

{Chapter 10. Girls Like You}

~Julian~

I stare down at her for a while, looking at our awkward position. My laugh subsides and now there was silence in the air. I couldn't help but look at her, I mean really look at her. Her blonde hair was drenched from the rain looking as if it were a lighter shade of brown, and her cheeks were flushed, despite the weather. I lay over her as the rain hit my back and shelters her from any more of it. I try to think of something to say but instead she shoves me off and I comply. We both stand up and I try to distract myself by swiping some grass off my body. The rain was light now and the sun peeked in the distance as it rose slowly.

"Well look who's fallen for me now?" I smirk, mentally high fiving myself.

She looks at me with serious eyes before letting out a small laugh, it was soft and something that I didn't mind hearing more often.

"Don't get so flattered," Olivia snorts, shoving me with her hand.

"I already am," I wink, as we start to walk towards the swings.

Olivia sits on one and lightly kicks off from the ground so that she was swaying low on the ground. I join her on the other, trying to look at something other than her.

Her phone is dangling from her pocket, slowly sliding out of it. Before it could drop, I snatch it mid-fall and she looks at me.

I stare down at her phone and laugh, "What is this? A Nokia?"

She huffs but doesn't make a move to take it back, "It's a flip phone, but I guess you wouldn't know what it is, Mr. 21st Century."

I look at her and then back at her phone with an amused expression, "How does this even work?"

I click random buttons and the phone pops open, like a book. From the corner of my eye I can see her hiding her smile.

"Where's your camera?" I ask but then I see a tiny button similar to a camera, "Wait, I got it."

"What are you doing?" She asks, giving me a hard glare.

"Memories," I simply say and then I click on the button. I look back at it and see that I captured a picture of the park.

"Other way around, douche," Olivia smirks.

"You know what, I think the 90s need their phone back," I grin at her and turn the phone around making sure both of us were in the frame.

"Say cheese."

I hear her groan in the swing next to me but I have no doubt she's smiling, even the slightest. The flash makes me squint and I put it as her screen saver. Smirking I hand it back but she doesn't check it. We swing in silence.

I felt my self-conscious ask, Why are you here?

I may or may not have lied about being a night jogger, but who could blame me. I was grabbing water from the kitchen when I saw her take off down the road in a rush. Like she was running from someone, or something. So, obviously, being the amazing person I am, I went after her to see if she was okay.

Is that really it? I think again, feeling as if two voices were battling inside my head.

Yes. That's it.

"Tryouts are tomorrow," Olivia suddenly says, looking over at the horizon.

The street lamps were dull, and the neighborhood quiet.

"How are you so sure you're going to be able to play anyways?" I ask, resting my head against my hand that was gripping the rope. The rain hit my head softly now and Olivia didn't hesitate to answer.

"With you campaigning, I'll have a bigger team then needed," She explains.

"But they only want me," I say.

She raises her brows, "Wow, modest much?"

I laugh, "No, I didn't mean it like that. I just meant, that they're going to be there for me not for the sake of actually trying out for the team."

She scoffs, "I know that. But whoever attends has to try out, and I'll find the team I'm looking for."

"You seem so sure? What if you don't?" I question, looking at her while she starts to swing higher.

"Then it's over." She says it so bluntly and with no expression what so ever that I blink back my surprise.

"What about plan B?"

"I don't have one," She says dully, tension rises around us, suffocating me somehow that I couldn't answer.

"Why are you helping me?" She speaks up before I could say anything.

I think about her question.

"I don't think you would have let me say otherwise," I laugh but she doesn't.

"You could have said no, you could have walked away anytime you liked," She exclaims, her blue eyes shine sadly.

"I didn't want to, I don't want to," I say when I see a frown on her lips.

"Why? This isn't worth your time. The team isn't worth it. I'm not worth it," She says sorrowfully that I put my foot down to stop my swing and she did the same.

"Hey, stop. Stop thinking that, okay?" I say, feeling the sensitivity of the topic. This wasn't about basketball at all, there was something else to it.

She got up and leans against a pole, I walk in front of her. She stares down at her fiddling hands. Her body only inches away from mine. She was in the same outfit she wore to school. A dark blue cut shirt and ripped black jeans.

"Olivia..." I whispered, trying to make her look up at me.

But before I could tell her that I wasn't like that, that she could trust me with whatever she had to say, her lips connected with mine and I stood there in shock. But instead of pushing away like the good boyfriend I was supposed to be, I leaned in, closing my eyes. I grabbed her waist and pulled her to me just as she tugged at my jet-black hair. I bit the bottom of her lip asking for entrance but before anything else could happen, I felt her hand on my chest pushing me away.

I stepped back unsteadily, my breath heavy and my lips cold. Olivia stared at me for a few seconds like I was a ghost that turned her pale white.

"Olivia—"

But she was already running away, her footsteps crashing down on the puddles while I stood there, staring, as she turned into a black figure of the night. 

Authors Note

If you had to ask me the question 'What's your favorite chapter in the book so far?' I would say Chapter 10! I can't even describe how much I loved every minute of writing this, how emotional I got while typing on my computer, and how much I just love LOVE! I know it didn't go how you guys wanted it too but I gotta write realistically. You guys are the best for reading up to here but I want to make a small announcement: Check out my other romance and mystery books:

~The Fine Line~

~Rivals~

~Wretched ~

Signing out, 

Queens Blade