~I Like It~

Check out my new book if you ever need a cover for your wattpad story. It's quick, It's easy, It's FREE!

Drop the top and blow the brains,

Oh, he's so handsome, what's his name?

{Chapter 15. I Like It Like That}

~Julian~

I couldn't stop myself from saying her name. A name so foreign that my mouth snapped shut.

She stood at the end of the hallway, carrying a bunch of books that looked too heavy that I almost convinced myself to offer help. But I couldn't touch her anymore, and she made it clear to me that night. Whatever possibility we had of being together were gone, but that didn't stop my feelings from blossoming.

"Ditching class?" She asked, raising an eyebrow and speaking so casually that I somehow found myself thinking that I dreamed the kiss in the first place.

"I would if you join me?" I grin, leaning against one leg while my fingers nervously shake in my pockets. I wait for her answer, popping up the question because I really didn't feel like dealing with Mr. Mills right now, and James can wait, he's too distracted from that red-head Blaire to even notice I'm gone. It's definitely not that I want to spend time with her at all.

"As long as you can help me put up these flyers," Olivia gives me an evil smile, I silently thank her for not making the conversation awkward.

Her high tops thud against the ground until she's next to me and I'm trying to control my breathing. We walk together and she sticks the posters for their upcoming game.

It's been a week since tryouts and every day after school the girls would practice while I set up drills and sometimes had my own fun, if you know what I mean. They've improved so much and so fast he had no doubt that in a few more weeks they'd be ready.

They haven't really talked in a while. He's had to leave right after pracice to see Bree.

"Damn this tape," Olivia swore, flapping around her fingers to get the sticky tape off since her other hand held the layers of stacked paper. Biting her lip in concentration I laugh at how silly she looked and hold her wrist and gently pluck off the tape. My hand missed her warm touch but I let go quickly enough to look like it was a normal friendly gesture.

She was staring at me with a startled look but I pretended not to notice while I finished sticking up the poster for her. When her gaze kept scanning me I only turned my head to smirk, "Like what you see?"

"Yeah," She grins and I turn crimson red. Well played Woods.

"The hunter becoming the hunted eh?" I laugh and she smiles at my comment.

We walk in silence for a while and just roam around the school, passing red lockers and quiet classrooms.

"I can't believe you like D.C!" She whisper-shouts while we shuffle down the endless shelves of books.

I let out a fake gasp, "Catwoman's my idol. She's so purrrfect."

Olivia chokes and looks at me with wide eyes, "Was that a cat pun?"

"I don't know. I was just feline it," I grin and she shoves me playfully. I ignore the sparks in my shoulder as we continue down our stroll. 

"This is sorta feeling like a date, is this a date?" She asks after a couple of minutes and I can't help but hear the shyness in her tone, as though she was afraid of the answer.

"Do you want it to be?" I grin at her and she doesn't answer.

"You see what I mean when I'm the type of boy that can make any girl speechless?" I smirk at her, not wanting to take this conversation to a sensitive point. 

She looks at me, staring with her blue eyes before crossing her arms across her chest, "What, with your ugly face?"

"Well... damn." I scoff, "You're just jealous because you can't have these good looks."

"Why would I want to look like a boy?"

"You're right, you're too hot to be a boy." It left my mouth before I could stop it and I bite my tongue and look away. Is it getting warm in here, oh gosh, it definitely is. Before I could say anything else I would regret someone shouts at us. 

"You two! Aren't you supposed to be in class!" A teacher started to stride up to us but I grabbed her hand and told her to run with his shouts echoing around us. We laughed and ran for a while before the bell rang.

Students rushed out of class while Olivia and I panted, trying to regain our breath since we were still laughing. Our hands were still clasped together and I slowly let mine fall.

"That...That was crazy! What were you thinking?" Olivia laughed, excitement in her eyes.

"That, Woods, is something called breaking the rules, ever heard of it?" I say, readjusting the bag strapped on my shoulder.

"Oh please, that was amateur compared to what I could do," She states, putting her hands on her hips confidently.

I scoff and she looks at me like I just challenged her.

Before I could realize what she was doing, her face was only inches from mine and she turned her head so her breath hit my bare neck, "You really don't want to find out."

I gaped at her as she turned around and yelled for her friend who was walking towards us. She joined her and they walked side by side talking in glee. She passed by me, purposefully brushing her shoulder against mine and whispered, "See you in English, Baker."

My heart thumped heavily in my chest when I was suddenly crowded around. Will, Holden, and James punched my shoulder and ruffled my hair but my eyes stared only at Olivia who was unfazed about how she made me feel.

Author's Note

Yeah okay this was a little sensual ;) Sorry I was a bit late, I just travelled and I'm in London! Can't wait to visit Warner Bros WOOP!

~Don't forget to VOTE on the star and COMMENT~

Signing out,

Queens Blade