40

Last Adrian's POV! 😭

Adrian's POV

Adrian's POV

For the last 14 days has been peaceful for pack. I told everyone what happened and now we are even stronger pack. Our house has been destroyed so we are now living in new.

Nia though has been locked up in our room. She only interacts with Kai and eat, but forcefully probably because of our litle girl. She is having nightmares but doesn't seek comfort in me.

She doesn't want to look me in the eyes. She put a barrier in her mind and I can't mindlink her. I tried writing her but she didn't read it.

Even Aiden doesn't talk much with me. He too is closed off and only strong emotions like anger provocate him to respond.

If it weren't for Kai I would be completely lonely. Yes I do have a pack and so, but your mate and wolf distancing themselves is completely different. I feel like a shell when I am not with Kai. And that is a lot of times. I still have Alpha job to do.

I tried everything to make Nia open back up. Aaron, Annalissa and Lucy came. Nia did small talk with Aaron and held Annalissa but that was it. When Kennedy came she didn't talk. And with Dimitri and Brandon the same.

I noticed she only responds to kids. I just want to know what is troubling her. Our baby is fine and she is growing quite big. I don't understand.

But this ends today.

I will drag her out if needed and we will talk. I know that when she will start talking so will Aiden.

So I make my arrangements. My mom will watch over Kai and when Nia falls asleep I will take her to waterfalls.

Yes I am kidnapping my wife.

•••

Kai is at moms now and I am carrying sleeping Nia. It's her daily nap, the one doctor recommended.

We make it to a waterfall and I lay her down on blankets. I brought basket of food too. It's in nature and comfy, just as she likes it.

Nia is starting to stirr and blinks her eyes to accommodate to light.

"Where am I?" She starts to panic a bit, I can feel it through mate bond. She finally opened it a bit!

"Nia baby, it's alright we are just here to relax a bit." I softly tell her and her walls are back up.

"Where is Kai?" She whispers.

"With my mom. We need to talk baby." I sit beside her and take her hands in mine, just to have her remove them. I am hurt by this action but okay baby steps.

"About what? Everything is fine." Now she is the one being bipolar.

"Yes Naiad we do. You are closed off and haven't talk to anyone but Kai in a week. I know whole experiment with Jareth and Sierra has been stressful, but I am your mate, don't shut me out."

"I am not." I look at her slightly raising my right eyebrow giving her are-you-kidding-me look but she doesn't budge.

"Fine. Then at least listen to me?" She nods back to not really talking to me. "I miss you. And before you say I have you here. No I miss your smile, your hugs and kisses. I miss how you snuggle into me during night and how your eyes twinkle when I say to you 'Good morning beautiful.', I miss our breakfast together. I miss our walks with Kai and how I talked to baby in your tummy. I miss your voice and warmness."

I hold back tears. And look her in the eyes. "And I miss saying 'I love you' to you and getting your 'I love you too' back."

She finally broke with my last sentence. She came closer to me and start crying in my chest. "I thought you hate me."

"Baby why would I hate you?" I start stroking her hair in a comforting manner.

"Aiden wanted 10 kids, I can't give him the only thing he wants. I am an awful mate. I can't  even provide this pack with kids and I am the one who is making offerings to Goddess of water and fertility. Ironic right?" She smiles sadly.

"I love you Naiad so much. All I need is you. I don't need eight more kids. And Aiden doesn't either. We just want for you to be happy. You are strong Luna and that can't be disagreed just because of what they did to you. You, Kai and our girl are more than enough for this pack and me. I just want you. The greatest thing I have ever done is to simply LOVE YOU."

"Oh Adrian." She cries even harder.

"Hey hey, I was trying to cheer you up." I chuckle.

"You did. I-i am just so happy. I dreamt about you rejecting me."

"Hey hey baby. That is not even possible. Please don't say things like this it breaks me." I kiss her hair gently. She is finally again in my embrace.

"And Aiden?" She quietly asks.

I sigh: "When you closes yourself so did he."

"Can I try talk to him?" She sniffles, calming down from all the crying.

"Of course baby."

"Aiden? Can you please talk to me?" I feel him stir in my mind. "I really need to talk to you, Aiden please."

He takes control and finally puts down the barrier between us. I have my mate and wolf back.

"Hello darling."