20

Because I think that you like Adrian's POV from time to time, well here it is.

Adrian's POV

Adrian's POV

I suddenly feel pain through my bond woth Nia and dash out of office. I follow her scent to training field. But she isn't there, next is Mason's house. I am on my way there when I don't even feel Nia through our bond anymore. No pain, nothing.

I know she is not dead, that would be painful. She is just missing.

I finally manage to get to her, only to see my mate on the ground. I am barely containing Aiden.

"What happened?" I roar. Dimitri was suppose to protect her and yet here he is almost alright and my mate lying on the floor.

I grab Nia and runs towards pack doctor.

"Doc I need your help!" I yell towards our pack doctor. His name is Thomas Klane.

"Right here, put her down. Alpha I need to examine her, would you rather step outside?"

"I am not going anywhere!" Aiden roars when he manages to push my barier.

"Okay Alpha Aiden. Of course, you stay with your mate."

He runs some tests and heal her wound. Thankfully it wasn't deep enough to really hurt her but because od of her Luna side, a fear of loosing a pack member she went into momentum coma, which lasts only couple hours. At least that's what he thinks, since injury is not physical but mental. Well the physical one is healed already with herbs.

Couple hours to much if you ask me. And a little too less reassuring. He told me we can only wait and hope for the best.

I am pacing around the room trying to make any sense in what happened. Dimitri told me there were 5 rouges but they were organized and their scent was hidden with something.

One thing that shocks me the most was him saying that he recognized one of the scents. It was the same scent that lingered on Stacey the day she came, the same scent my cousin sometimes used to have.

I told one of the pack warriors to watch over Stacey, secretly of course to see if she acts weirdly.

Something is definitely off here. First the letter, now this attack. And it was all planed the way they knew Naiad was going to Ava's and they knew others well-being is her weak point.

Yes that is her weak point. Nia isn't afraid to get hurt herself, she is scared that she won't be able to help others or to get them hurt. One of many traits I admire about her. She is truly remarkable Luna with a heart of gold.

And to think the Moon Goddess thinks I deserve her.

I sit next to her and hold her hand. From time to time I try mindlink but the connection is still off.

"Nia baby, please wake up. I need you. You know when you told Stacey off and tell her about things you noticed about me? Well this are things I notice about you. Before you start to eat you always put behind your ears hair on left side and then right, even if you have full hands. You like to lay slightly on top of me when we sleep and you always hold my hand like you are afraid I would disappear. And you always decide on the third dress you eyed that day, to wear. I also noticed how your eyes lit up when you see small children or pups. And I know that because my eyes have the same glow when I think of having a family with you. So please Nia I really need you." I think about our conversations and the things we did together, when a solution crosses my mind.

Of course! How didn't I remember it sooner?

I gently lift her and run outside, there were some nurses calling me but they did nothing. I am the Alpha after all and they don't dare to judge my authority.

I place Nia on the ground near flowers and our waterfall. She told me she heals fasted in nature.

I let her there and she slowly starts to move her hands and soft groans escape her lips.

"Adrian?" She now sits up.

"Nia! I was so scared!" I go and hug her tightly to me.

"You didn't have to be scared it's just a scratch." She tries to reassure me but she is reassuring herself too. "Can we go home?" She whispers.

"Of course baby. Let me just talk to Dr. Klane."

I take her back to pack hospital and go to find him and he checks her again.

"She needs to come here tomorrow for one more check up, but Luna can go home." He says, emphasizing the word Luna.

Can you please tell your pack members to stop doing that?

Doing what? I ask Naiad really confused.

Don't act like you don't know! They are all teasing us for completing the mate bond! I don't appreciate everyone knowing about our personal life. It is really embarrassing. She scoffs. I guess she has a point, that is our private matter.

Okay baby, I will tell them to knock it off. I am sorry I didn't stop and think how this will effect you.

"It's fine Adrian let's just go home." She softly says. I warn few people who will try to tease us and they all apologize and respect my orders.

"Don't forget to come to check up tomorrow Luna." This time doc says Luna respectfully.

Thank you.

Anything for you baby.

I take her in my arms and carry her bridal style. She falls asleep immediately and I mindlink Dimitri to start investigating. Whoever did this is going to pay. Ava is scared, basically glued to Mason and my mate was hurt.

Whoever it was it will pay triple price.