The fun has just begun

Kai's POV

When I and Morro came back to his hideout he threw me against the wall. I started coughing because all air was pushed out of me and had a hard time breathing. When I finally could breathe I looked up and saw Morro. To my surprise, he walked back into darkness but he didn't chain me back up against the wall, he just left me there on the floor. I saw a chance to escape. I slowly stood up even though it was hard and tried to look for an exit. I had a hard time seeing anything because of the dark. I lit some fire in my hand, even though it only was a tiny flame since I was so weak after all the blood I had lost, but it was enough to see at least bit. I then saw a door. with all the strength I had I ran towards the door, but I forgot the chain that was holding my hands together and when I ran Morro heard the sound of the chain dragging across the floor. just before I got to the door, Morro grabbed the chain and I fell backward because of the sudden stop. I hit the floor hard and once again the air was pushed out of my body. I coughed a bit and when I finally was able to breathe I looked up and saw Morro standing over me and looking at me with a nasty smile. "Are you leaving so soon? But the fun has just begun." He said. I shivered. "Morro, please, I just want to leave." I said trying not to cry. "You should really not try to run away from your master like that." He said. He forced me to stand up and looked at my face. He then grabbed the chain and pulled me away to some light coming from the ceiling and in the light, I could see two chains hanging from the ceiling with cuffs at the end. I was shaking but Morro didn't seem to notice. I was too scared to even try to fight back when he unchained my hands and then cuffed them to the chains. I was hanging an inch over the floor. He grabbed my shirt and ripped it off and threw it at the floor, and then he walked back into the darkness. I was tired of trying, I was tired of living. I know that a ninja never gives up but right now I didn't feel like a ninja. I felt weak, pathetic and worthless. I almost wanted to die. The only thing that stopped me from asking Morro to kill me was the hope of seeing my friend and sister again, and the one I wanted to see the most was Lloyd. I could not stop thinking of Lloyd. I knew I loved him, and I was hoping that I would get the chance to say that to him some day. Morro came back with a dagger in his hand, but there was something different about this dagger, The light was reflecting on it which resulted in it shining in a weak dark green color. He walked up behind me so I could feel his breath on my neck. And then he whispered in my ear. "This is is not a normal dagger, because if I cut you with this, then you belong to me whether you like it or not." I shivered. I was shaking again but this time Morro notice that I was. "Oh! Is the fire boy cold or, are you scared of little me?" He continued to whisper in my ear. I was terrified of him and I wanted it to stop. I was not fighting to escape cause I knew he would catch me again. "How about I make sure everyone knows who you belong to?" He started laughing and then he cut on the back of my left shoulder. I screamed at the top of my lungs even though I was weak. It hurt much more then I thought it would. He cut me four times in the same place. And then he stopped, I looked up to see him standing in front of me, smirking. He then walked back in the dark and came back with a normal dagger and started cutting my back. I screamed and begged for him to stop but Morro just laughed.

9 hours later

Loyd's POV

We were all shocked by what we saw this morning. I could not forget the look on Kai's face. Nya was breaking down and had locked her self in her room and no one, not even Jay could get her out and she didn't let anyone in either. I was standing at the railing looking at the city and could not stop thinking about Kai. All of a sudden I heard a thud behind me. even though I was terrified of what I might see, I still turned around and I could not believe what I saw. There on the floor was Kai. He was lying on his back unconscious. He was shirtless so I could see his chest full of bloody cuts and bruises. He had burn marks on his left arm and a deep cut on his right. "KAI!" I screamed and ran to him. I sat down on the floor next to him and put his head on my lap. "GUYS COME QUICK!" I screamed as loud as I could. I heard running and looked up to see Cole, Zane, Jay, and Nya running. When they saw Kai they all stopped. "KAI!" Nya screamed and ran to me and her unconscious brother. She sat down on the other side of Kai and cried. "K...Kai!" She sobbed. Zane walked over to us to check Kai's pulse. He had a hard time finding it and I feard the worst. But then his face lit up a bit. "He is alive, but badly wounded." He said. Cole and Jay walked over to us and Cole picked up Kai since he was the strongest out of all of us, and we all ran to the medical room. Cole laid down Kai on the bed and then backed up to let Zane try to help Kai. Nya cried on Jay's chest while Jay was hugging her trying to comfort her. Cole was sitting down on a chair that was standing at the wall. And I was just standing still, I was too sad and scared to cry, to say anything or even move. "I must ask you all to leave and get Sensei Wu, I'm going to need help!" Zane said. The others went into the living room while I went to get Sensei Wu, He was on a trip when all this started but he had come back today about two hours after Morro's visit in the morning. And became just as worried as we were when we told about what had happened. I came to his door and knocked hard 3 times. "Come in." I heard and opened the door, I saw Wu sitting on the floor drinking his tee. "Uncle." I said before starting to cry all the tears I had been holding in when we were in the medical room. His face changed when he saw me crying. "Lloyd, What's the problem?" He asked. "K...kai...Zane.....need...help...medical....room!" Was all I could say between my sobs. He stood up and I knew that he knew what I meant by that. He put his hand on my shoulder and we walked to the room. He opened the door and went inside. I walked to the living room and saw Cale leaning against the wall trying to hold his tears, Nya was sitting on the couch, Crying her eyes out while Jay was hugging her trying to comfort her. I sat down on the other side of the couch and I was still crying but now I let it all out. 

It was hours before I heard a door, I looked up and saw Zane coming towards us holding a paper and a small rope. "Lloyd." He started. "Yes, Zane what is it?" I asked and walked towards him. He held out the paper and I saw that it was a note. "This was tied to Kai's left wrist, and I think you would want to read it." He said. I took the note out of Zane's hand and read out loud.

Dear Ninjas

I've decided to give the hothead back to you, for now. And I left a little surprise with him. But don't worry I'll be back for him soon.

With ghostly greetings, Morro

I felt like my head was spinning, Morro was coming back for Kai. "What did he mean by surprise?" Cole who was now standing next to me asked. "I don't know. But there's something else." Zane responded. "What is it?" Cole asked. "Even though Kai had a lot of cuts and even burn marks it was one cut in particular that made me most sick." Zane paused for a bit. "On the back of Kai's left shoulder, Morro has cut an M onto Kai's skin." I felt like I was going to be sick. I looked at Nya and saw that she was shaking, then I looked at Cole and I saw the rage in his eyes. "WHAT!?" He screamed. Zane was a bit scared by his response but just nodded in reply. "I'm sorry but I have to go back and help sensei," Zane said and then walked back to the medical room. "I hope Kai will be okay," Jay said looking at us. "Yeah. Me too." I said. "He's going to be fine, He has to be, He's the only family I have left, If he dies then I don't know what to do." Nya manages to say between her sobs. "We know, and he's been like a brother to all of us especially me, So I'm not going let him die!" I said. Don't worry Kai we're going to help you.