The hope

Lloyd's POV

It has been 2 hours since the call from Kai. We had been searching in a forest in the area where the call was made. The others had given up for now and were back on the bounty but I refused to give up. I need to find him. "Kai, where are you?" I said to myself. I was just about to leave when something got my attention. On a cliff a bit away from me something was reflecting the moonlight. I walked over to the cliff to see what it was and my heart stopped for a second. On the edge of the cliff, there was some blood and some red fabric and I knew that it was a part of Kai's gi. I picked up the bloody fabric and started crying. Why? I thought. I knew that he wasn't dead but still just the thought of him being hurt was enough to give me pain in my heart. I knew that I had to get back to the bounty so I turned around but before I even took one step I saw something on the ground a bit in front of me. I walked to it and then I saw what it was. It was Kai's phone. I would recognize that phone anywhere because I gave that mobile shell to him and it was specially made to him. It was red and on the back was a picture of me and Kai. The mobile wasn't broken at all. I tried to start it but the battery was dead. I picked up the phone and put it in my pocket. I summoned my elemental dragon and flew towards the bounty. Finally, we have a lead on were Kai is even if it was a very small lead it was better than nothing, I thought. When I came back to the bounty I looked around for the others but the only one I could see was Zane in the control room. I walked into the room. "Lloyd you are back. Did you find anything?" He asked me. "Yeah! I found Kai's phone and-." I cut myself off, I didn't want to say it. Zane saw that I was having trouble not to cry. "Lloyd, what is it? what else did you find?" He asked me. I didn't say anything I just held out the bloody fabric towards Zane and could see the reaction on his face. He looked scared. "I found this and some blood on the edge of a cliff in the forest." I said. Zane just nodded and took the fabric out of my hand. "Is it okay if I go to bed or do you need help with anything?" I asked Zane. "No. I don't need help. you have already helped enough for today." Zane said to me. I nodded to him and walked out of the room towards my room when I heard a voice. "Lloyd?" I turned around and saw Cole standing in the doorway to his room. "Yeah." I answered. "Can I talk to you for a second in my room, I don't want Jay and Nya to hear." He said. "Yeah." I responded. I followed Cole into his room and closed the door behind me. When I turned around he was sitting on his bed looking at the floor. "What was it you wanted to talk about?" I asked. "What did you find?" he asked me still looking at the floor. "I found Kai's phone-." I paused for a bit. "and a bit of his gi lying in some blood." I said trying not to cry. Cole looked up at me tears streaming down his face. "This is my fault!" He whispered but I still heard him. "No, Cole it's not your fault." I said trying to comfort him. "But it is Lloyd! If I didn't say that to him then he would still be here. He would not be hurt and Morro would not have him. Who knows what Morro is doing to him right now." Cole shouted and stood up. "Shh! you have to keep it down or else you wake Jay and Nya." I said trying to get him to calm down. "Well, it's too late for that." I heard someone say. I turned around to see Jay and Nya standing in the doorway. "What's going on here?" Jay asked. "Cole is blaming himself for what happened to Kai." I said. Nya walked to Cole and gave him a hug. Jay did the same and so did I. "It's not your fault Cole." Nya said. "I hate to interrupt the moment but I've found something." Zane said from the doorway. We all stopped hugging and turned to him. "What is it, Zane?" I asked. "Well, It's loading so I think it would be best if we all went to bed and continue the search tomorrow." He responded. "yeah that's probably best." Jay said. We all went to our own rooms. I closed the door behind me and lay on the bed. I thought about Kai and all the moments we had together. Then I remembered when Kai told me he would look after me. And said to myself before I fell asleep. "Don't worry. We will find you. Kai"