Chapter 38

I walked to where Blade was laying and I put my hand on his. I heard his brother scoff behind me. I was getting really tired of him. A man came in, I guess he was the doctor.

"Well I see your out of bed. You know you should be rest-"

"I don't need to do anything!" I hissed. I wasn't gonna leave his side. Not now when he needed me most, not ever.

"Don't worry about her. Let her be." Rik'Payne sighed.

"Ho-how is he?"

"He's not doing the best. The bullet caused a lot of damage. Just give it more time."

"I...I don't have more time." I cried quietly.

"Leave." Rik'Payne said. The doctor gave me a light smile, nodded, then walked out the door.

"Crying isn't going to bloody wake him up, now is it?" Rik'Payne hissed.

"You can watch you damn tone with me!" I gritted out. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"My tone? I'm boldly sure your not the one who traveled all the way from Spain to this horrid place. Your not the one who has to watch your brother, your suppose to hate, be in a hospital bed! And actually care for his life!"

"He means so much to me. Your not the only one who feels pain right now I-"

"You amateur! My brother, my blood, my family-"

"Mommy!" Payge said as she ran in the room. I grabbed her in my arms and held her tight. Her eyes were puffy and she had tears still absently falling from them. "I missed you. I...I thought you weren't going to wake up!"

"Well I'm here." I said and squeezed her tightly to me. How much I missed my baby.

"Is he gonna be ok?" She asked directing her look to Damon. I looked down at her.

"He's a fighter. He won't give up." I said firmly to her. I wasn't lying. It's true.

"Isn't like that's her bloody father anyway!" Rik said so lowly I almost didn't catch it. Almost. I was going to let that slide. When Damon wakes...if Damon wakes, he can tell his brother himself. But I know he will wake so there's no need for doubt.

"Who he Mommy," Payge asked. I turned my stare once again to Rik. He rolled his eyes and went back to typing on his phone.

"No one...too important." I summed up. I don't think he is. He hated my guts for being who his brother loves. I know he'll hate our daughter just because I'm her mother. But oh well. What's done is done and I wouldn't take it back.

"Zeonna."

I turned around to see Hunter in his usual formal wear.

"Finally!" I exhaled. I kneeled down to level with Payge. "I need you to go back with papa ok?"

"No I wanna stay here with you! I not wanna go!" Payge cried.

"Please. I can't have you be in this...environment. Please go, for me."

She looked down and breathed in. "You be safe?"

I smiled as a few tears came to my eyes.

"Of course. I love you." I said as I gave her a kiss on the cheek and stood up.

She turned to hunter and opened her arms wide. I laughed. She for some reason loves being carried. Hunter picked her up and walked out the door. I swiftly turned to Rikpayne. I marched to him and stood directly in front of him.

"Now listen here, you will not treat me any kind of way. I'm not your enemy and I'm damned sure you don't want me as one!" I said raising my voice slightly. He lowered his phone and look at me.

"I'm higher than you, love. My brother may run a...gang and it may be worldwide but me? I'm independent. I don't have to get thugs to help me kill people or follow me wherever I go." He said. "I can make you disappear," he paused to snap his fingers. "Just like that. And no one will question it. I don't have to have it covered up. It'll be already done. I have my ways...or I can just do it myself."

As I was about to reply hunter walked back in.

"I just checked in on the doctor no good news really." He said. He sighed and I turned to get my things.

"I'm going to change." I said sadly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I came out of the bathroom I saw Hunter and Rik'Payne talking. Hunter seemed mad while Rik had a smirk on his face. It seemed like he didn't have a care in the world. He possessed power I know that. He seemed like a very important man. He seemed untouchable. Well, I'm going to have to change that if he keeps his attitude towards me up.

As I walked a little closer they seem to haven't noticed my presence.

"When he wakes-"

"If he bloody wake!" Rik interrupted.

"If he wakes up, he'll be mad. That girl is by all means meant to be protected."

"I don't give a damn about that girl. My brother is in a life or death situation and your talking about protecting her?!"

"It's what he would have wanted!"

"Who cares what this son of a bachelor wants. It's his life!"

"And his basically soon to be wife."

That had me gasp every so quietly. Marriage? I couldn't possibly be ready for marriage. Not yet. As my thoughts were overcrowding I no longer paid attention to what they were saying. But I did hear one thing. It came directly from Rik'Payne.

"I say we kill her. She never helped the situation anyway. Kind of parent is she anyway?!"

Was he talking about me? Was he planning on killing me? I can't let that happen. Payge would be devastated. She would have no one. Especially if her father wouldn't wake. I turned on my heel and walked slowly to the door. They were on the other side so they won't catch me. If I move quick and silent. I tip toed to the door. But of course luck was never on my side.

"Where are you going Zeonna?" Hunter said as he eyed me. I know for a fact he would not let me leave. I looked over to Blade. He wouldn't allow it. So we had to do this the hard way. I held up Blade's gun making Hunter's eyes go wide. I pointed up towards the roof and I fired. White smoke covered the air while a few tiles came tumbling down. I stood shocked at what I had just done before my senses came back to me and I ran.

—————————————-
Don't forget to vote!