Chapter 5

*Picture of Nique

We were almost to New York just a few more hours. I was not talking to Maliek.... no one was. So he would call his friends from time to time when he got lonely. Nique had already switched with Maya. So now Nique was driving and i must say have your seatbelt on at all times when she drives. Its not that she's bad at it but she drives so freaking fast. She is always past the speed limit. Im the only one who likes her driving....sometimes. The others are scared of her driving all the time but she could probably get us there quicker. Her mother worked for some law thingy, i know she is like one of those people who tell police officers what to do. Thats why Nique doesnt get in trouble a lot when driving.

She had a boyfriend but she found out he cheated on her. So she is going boyfriend hunting as soon as we get there. I know that for sure.

"Hey could we stop at a store with a restroom and food please?" I asked.

"Yeah there should be one on the next road," Nique replied. She pressed at little bit harder on the peddle. Then we showed up at Quick Trip.

"Does anyone want anything or need to go to the restroom?" I asked getting out the car. Maliek got out the car and walked in the store.

"Some chips please," Nique said.

"Ok well come get them," I said as i ran off. I looked back to her and she was glaring at me. I walked in and got a whole bunch of junk food. Then Maya and Nique came in. I went to the counter and all the stuff I bought came up to $30.24 and all the stuff was mine. I went back to the car and dropped everything then raced to the restroom. After i washed my hands, i got out to bump into Maliek.

"Hey watch it d- oh um yeah excuse me," i said awkwardly. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to him.

"Im sorry ok, I just... that was just embarrassing. I didn't mean to start with you or your friend," he said.

"Do you think it was any better with those mustaches huh? No, I didn't think so," i said raising my voice.

"Ok i get it please just- i cant keep- this just- please zeonna," he said trying to get the words right. I just nodded and took his hand in mine. Then we walked back to the car.

"Jesus what were you doing in there?" Maya said with a grin on her face.

"Make up sex duh," Nique said as i glared at her.

"If your gonna fuck make sure its not at a store guys," Maya said looking back at us.

3 hours later

We were in New York finally. I looked out the window to see tall buildings everywhere. Then suddenly it hit me. Im going to college. I won't see my dad anymore like that, nor my other friends. Panic was all over my mind. Til i felt a hand entwining with mine. I turned to see Maliek giving me a reassuring look. I gave him a small smile and turned back to the window still holding his hand.

We arrived at the college and it was huge.

"Hey y'all go look around, im going to get all of our schedules and room keys and all that other stuff," Maya said while waving. I was still holding Malieks hand. I had guys checking me out then i had girls giving me dirty glares.

They must not know who we are zeonna!
They cant look how their looking at me.
Can we beat that bitch over there who keeps looking at Maliek.
No we just got here.
Fuckedy fuck!

I laughed at myself. I have a weird mind.

"Whats so funny?" Maliek asked. I looked at him and shook my head side to side. Nique was already looking at guys.

Maya came back screaming. "What" Nique asked.

"We have the best dorm rooms and all three of us are roommates!" She screamed excitedly. "Oh yeah, you have the same kind of dorm rooms as us but you'll be sharing with some other 2 guys... but we will be literally across from you," she continued as she handed him his key and schedule and the same for us.

We all went up to our floor. When we opened the door i think our jaws fell off.

"I call the bed on the left," Maya said. It was a beautiful red and white. She flopped on that bed while Nique flopped on the very right bed leaving me to flop on the middle.

We would go to class tomorrow. We needed rest right now. A lot of rest.

********
Maliek P.O.V

I walked in my room. My eyes widened.

"This room dope bruh," i said laughing to myself. I decided to take the very left bed. When i heard two dudes coming in laughing. They were twins, but it looked like you could tell who is who if you study their faces. And plus one has blonde hair while the other had brown with the ends blue.

"Wassup bro, my name is Josh and this is my twin Joshua," he said putting his arm around his brothers shoulder.

"Hey my name is Maliek," i said. Joshua extended his hand out and we did the 'bro hug'. I think im gonna like this.

—————————————-
Don't forget to vote!