Chapter 36

"Why?" I cried out as I bent down to put pressure on Blade's wound.

"Don't you dare fucking ask why I did this. This was all on the both of you."

"I-I thought you died."

"They all did. But I wasn't even in the damn house. He killed my father. I was just ten." She said her voice wavering slightly. "The only source of real family I had. All because of you. I helped you. When you were sick I helped fucking you and I wasn't even suppose to be down there but I did."

"I'm sorry I didn't know that he-"

"How would you fucking feel if I killed your father huh!? I wanted revenge. For four years I have been ready for this day. And I'm not gonna waste it." She said raising the gun again.

"Wait!" I screamed as she pointed the gun at me. I didn't want to say 'we can talk this out' because I know we can't. There would be no point. She's fourteen without a father probably no source of parents. And I didn't want to say I have a daughter because that would make the situation worse and she'll try to go after her. I didn't know what to say at this point.

She had tears in her eyes her hand shakily on the trigger. She wasn't inexperienced with guns even as she held it shakily I could tell. She was just scared, angry.

"What!" She screamed back.

She was stalling. Maybe she didn't really want to do this. But I know revenge is like a disease. It's addictive. Once you have it in your mind it's hard to get it out. You'd want to strive forward and get back at the person and you wouldn't rest until it happened. The will for revenge will eat you up, until it consumes you in every way. Your actions, your mind, your emotions, everything. Slowly making you go crazy. I knew from experience.

"This isn't the right thing to do. What would your fat-"

"My father would want you to suffer. He'd want me to gut you down piece by piece. He'd want me to store your body parts in my freezer to look back at my accomplishments-"

"Ok! Fine, so think what would your mother want!"

She didn't speak. She pursed her lips tightly and tears begin to slip out her eyes uncontrollably. She opened her mouth but no words came out.

"S-she'd want me to...look away, forget and forgive. She would tell me to put the gun down and everything is going to be okay because she's here!" She said, choking out the last part. She put the gun down and fell on her knees crying. I breathed in and focused on Blade. I took off my jean jacket and placed it on his wound.

"Damon."

His eyes left from his shooter and he slowly turned them to me.

"I'm so sorry." I cried.

"Why?" He whispered.

"This is all my fault."

He rolled his eyes. In the distance I heard sirens. I looked up to find her getting up. She paced back and forth mumbling things to herself. I looked back down at Blade.

"It's not your fault Love."

I scrunched my eyebrows. Did he just say love?

"I've been watching a few movies and they speak British." I laughed while more tears poured out of my eyes. "The man called the love of his life...Love." He continued. I smiled.

"I have a question." He said a little more louder and serious.

"Ok?"

"Do you think...with a little time and compassion...that you could love me back?" He asked hope written all on his face.

I shook my head.

"I already do love you...Love." I said a sad smile on my face. Even though he was probably in a world a pain he had the brightest smile on his face. A few tears ran down his cheek as he turned to look up at the sky.

"Hands in the air!" Someone screamed. I ignored them.

"I'm sorry." The girl said. I looked up to see her with a light smile on her face. "May god forgive me. And I hope you will to." She raised the gun up to her head. It all happened so fast. I couldn't get a word out before she pulled the trigger. I squeezed my eyes shut at the loud sound. In the background I heard the police calling for an ambulance.

"She loves me!" Damon said to no one in particular. "That's all I wanted to hear."

His eyes slowly closed. I grabbed his face.

"Don't you dare!"

"That's all I wanted to hear..." he repeated before his eyes closed completely. I blinked a couple of times to make sure this was real.

"Blade?! Open your damn eyes now!" I whimpered. "P-please!" I cried out. I placed his head back on the ground while I sobbed harshly.

"Ma'am? We need you-"

"No!" I screamed back making him purse his lips and walk to his partner.

I got from my knees and laid on my side to where I was facing Damon and I put my head in the crook of his neck. I then grabbed his hand in mine and placed our hands near my heart.

"Blade." I cried out quietly once again before darkness consumed my vision.

—————————————-
Don't forget to vote!