Chapter 23

Porsia👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽

"Porsia OMG you have no idea how much I'm happy to see you," I fake cried out. She made a face and got up from Payge then walked up to me.

"Hun, go freshen up and I'll make cookies for all three of us. I'll have a movie put out for Payge in the living room and you can spill all your problems out to me in the kitchen, ok?"

"You know me so well," I said as I hugged her. When I let go I walked over to Payge. She was coloring in her notebook. "Do you like my flower mommy?" she asked not even sparing me a glance.

"I love it. How would you feel about watching a movie?"

"Can it be a scary movie, please!"

"I told you I don't want you watching scary movies your only four. And you can easily get nightmares."

"Come on please mommy just this once. If I have a nightmare or something like that you can...... take away my snuggle lump."

"What's a snuggle lump?"

She gasp loudly. "Only the best bear in the world. He is everything to me."

I looked at her for awhile. Just taking in all the features of her father. Other than her shortness. She gets that from me, and being only four. "Fine but just this once."

"I WANNA SEE 'IT'" she yelled.

"Will you ever smile?"

"Ewww smiling is disgusting."

"It's not sweety. Why would you even think that. If you smile even once then you can watch that....movie."

Payge stood there looking at me angrily. Her eyes narrowed into slits, hands clenched into fist, and her face fully red. Another thing she has from her father is anger issues and being stubborn. Well I'm stubborn to and have fits but I know she got it from him from this rate. I stood my ground not really caring if she's mad. Porsia then walked in and walked in front of me blocking my view of Payge. 

"What did I tell you about this behavior?" she said.

"But I don't wanna smile and she can't make me, auntie."

"Why won't you smile just once for your mother?"

"Because I'm not happy enough to do that!"

At that a gasp escaped my lips. She is not happy because of me. I tried so hard though. I did everything I could for her. Got her anything she wanted-

"Why"

"I want to know and meet my dad. It's hard having only one parent. Mommy is always sad and down and I even hear her cry herself to sleep sometimes. And I don't know what to do. So maybe if I could meet my dad they could unite and she won't be sad anymore and neither will I." Payge spilled.

Oh dear. Porsia looked back at me and sighed. Then looked back at Payge. "Go in your room and I'll put 'It' on ok." she said. Payge nodded her head and glanced at me sadly then walked to her room.

"I told you. I fucking told you that was why." Porsia exclaimed.

"I can't do that Porsia. I can't it's com-,"

"Yeah it's complicated because your thinking of yourself. Not Payge. Fuck what happens to you, all your doing is telling your baby daddy you have a child together."

"Porsia," I half cried out. "It's hard, you don't know who he is. That would be a....a-"

"Shut up Zeonna. Listen to yourself. This is your daughter for freaks sake. Own up to it, be a mother, a woman and go up to that bastard and tell him."

"I-I need time."

"Well than our friendship needs time also. I'm here for Payge and Payge only. Don't talk to me at all."

With that she walked out of the house.

"Ooh my god," I huffed shakily. This is a disaster. I always screw things up. Can't keep a friendship for shit. But she is right. I walked into Paige's room and put 'It' in the DVD player.

"Mommy, I'm sorry."

"No, it's ok it's my fault. It is always my fault."

"I just wanna know him,"

"I don't know how to do that sweety. So many things can happen you don't understand,"

"What's his name at least mommy, please."

"..... Damon Eric James," I said proudly.

"I love it."

"I said the same thing but watch your movie if you need me I'll be in my room and.... I love you and never forget or think otherwise."

"I love you to mommy."

I smiled at her and walked out of her room. My steps came to a halt as my phone started ringing.

"What is it now?" I huffed.

"Usually you would be excited to hear from me now I feel hurt," came the voice from the other line.

"Greg it was just coffee not a date."

"And that led to a club then a few drinks then you making out with me and so on."

"Whatever, what's the problem."

"Oh yeah so Erica is taking the day off and you know I have to take care of my grandmother for two more days so you gotta come up."

"Alright I'll be there."

"Alright. So you wanna be my date for this party coming up?"

"Bye Greg."

"Heh alright Onna," he says laughing.

Greg is one of my workers at the shop. And he asked me out for coffee. But he had a whole day planned out. After the coffee we went to the park. Then after the park we went to the club and I got drunk. But the only thing we did was kiss. Yeah I'm lying.

I went in my room and looked at my phone. Should I tell him now.  No not over the phone. He would be more angry if I did this over the phone. I went to his name and typed a message.

Zeonna: hey... can we meet up I need to talk to-

"Fuck" I groaned out.

Zeonna:

I cleared the text and slammed my phone on the nightstand. I can do it some other time. With the last thought of Blade on my mind I went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah I know this one is probably boring but I'm stalling for the real chapter to come. But I had to update so yeah but the next chapter is gonna be better but i love you all, byyyeeee.