-34-

When Taeyeon reached her first class of the day, she smiled at Baekhyun's way and went to join her friends.

But before she could take her seat, Naeun placed her bag on the empty chair beside her and Taeyeon shot her a confused look.

"Go and sit with Baekhyun-nim. You two never sit next to each other in class," her best friend said, gesturing to the back where Baekhyun is sitting alone. "And he's alone today, you don't want him to sit through the class alone right?"

"Yeah but, it's not right to abandon you guys," Taeyeon said, rubbing her arm up and down, fidgeting uncomfortably.

"You aren't abandoning us. It's just for one class, and you have been sitting with us for two years!"Irene reasoned.

"Go ahead and sit with him. We will be fine,"Nana assured her.

"Okay. Erm, thanks guys."

Taeyeon walked towards the back of the class and sat beside Baekhyun, earning the attention of the other students in the class. They al started to whispered among themselves, wondering what is Baekhyun and Taeyeon's relationship.

Rumors had started to go around ever since Baekhyun voluntarily sat beside Taeyeon after his performance at the recital. But sightings of them together decreased after that, hence the rumors died down.

Although it isn't anyone's business whether they are dating, people still love to gossip, especially about Baekhyun who is very popular in their university as it works as a stress reliever for some of them. Some students are just nosy and secretly hopes that Baekhyun notice them.

"Hey, good morning," Baekhyun greeted her as soon as she sat down.

"Morning," she flashed him a smile. 

"I'm sorry I couldn't pick you up from your house this morning. I came straight to school from work," he said, stretching his arms above his head.

"Don't worry about me. How about you?" she asked, a face full of concern. "You should really learn when to take a break. What if you collapse one day?"

"I don't stay up late everyday. And I took a short nap at my office before coming to school. So don't worry," he laughed lightly and ruffled her hair endearingly. She whined and quickly combed through her hair with her fingers to make it straight again.

A girl behind them tapped on Baekhyun's chair, causing the couple to look back.

"Hey, what is your relationship with her? My girls and I were wondering if you two are friends,"the girl behind them asked Baekhyun, completely ignoring Taeyeon.

Taeyeon felt offended, but she didn't say anything. She turned back to face the front as the girl is talking to Baekhyun and not her.

She should be used to Baekhyun getting a lot of admirers in the school since she knew how the situation is like back when they were in high school. But she still felt a bit insecure when girls probe into him as if he's some heart throb that should find a girl that can match his status.

"We are dating," he replied with a smile and turned back around to face the front. Taeyeon choked on her saliva and snapped her head towards him, surprised that he admitted it out loud especially when the whole class had theirs ears pointed at their direction.

She could hear gasps coming from left and right. Even her friends who are sitting at the front could hear his response because she could see them giggling and squealing amongst the students. She quickly buried her face behind her long hair like a closed curtain. She's blushing, really hard.

Baekhyun placed a gentle hand on her shoulder to make her look at him.