-16-

Taeyeon played the new game she installed just recently on her phone while waiting for Baekhyun. She decided to tell him that she is leaving and will be homeschooled for the rest of the year. It made her feel nervous for some reason. She doesn't get why she can't just tell him these few days, maybe it's because she doesn't want to admit that all of these moments are not going to last since she's getting homeschooled.

She looked up when she heard the door to the music room opened.

Baekhyun walked in lazily and sat down beside her on the couch. He started stretching his arms and legs before shifting to the left. He puts his legs over the arm rest and rested his head on her lap, taking Taeyeon completely off guard.

She tensed up, feeling insecure about her thighs since now a boy's head is resting on them. She plugged away her ear plugs and put away her phone to look down at him. He had his eyes closed, his facial expression relaxed.

"I didn't get to sleep at all last night. Training."he mumbled, his eyes still closed.

"W-Working again?"she asked, before she could stop herself, her fingers reached out to his forehead and brushed away a few short strands of hair that got into his eyes.

"Yea."he replied. "I had my first meeting with all of the higher ranked staffs and the directors of all of the departments yesterday."He said, opening his eyes to look at her. "They were looking forward to working with me."

"You will do great."she said, smiling down at him. Taeyeon blushed when their eyes met and she quickly looked away and pretended to be busy looking somewhere else. With his head resting on her lap, it made her mind go crazy, she forgot how to tell him she is leaving school. And the butterflies in her stomach made her forget about that priority.

"You know what?"he spoke, causing her to look back at him. "Don't go anywhere. I want you to stay by my side, always."he said, smiling up at her.

It was so quiet because Taeyeon didn't know how to respond to that. She knew very well that she couldn't promise him that, because it's easy for them to lose contact after she leaves this school. She still doesn't have his contact number because she feels shy for asking for it, she feels awkward if she just randomly ask for it.

The door suddenly opened, causing Baekhyun to bounced up from the couch, leaving her lap cold.

"Hey Baekhyun, knew you will be here."Chanyeol said as he walked in. And then the two started talking about some party they are planning to go to this coming Saturday, leaving Taeyeon out of the conversation. She felt awkward just sitting there, eavesdropping over someone's conversation, so she left.

She waited outside of the music room, leaning her back against the door, waiting for their conversation to be over so that she can go back in to tell Baekhyun that today is her last day in high school. She could still hear their excitement about that party as she could hear the whole conversation from the door.

"Why are you still hanging out with her?"she jumped a little when she heard Chanyeol talking to Baekhyun behind the door.

"What's wrong with that?"he asked him.

"What's wrong with that? There are so many nasty rumors about her, don't tell me you have no idea about that."

"Yeah I know, but I like her."Baekhyun said. Taeyeon suppressed her smile from spreading as she leaned against the door, but at the same time, feeling a bit guilty for eavesdropping on their conversation.

"I have always thought that there is something wrong with that girl. She was hanging out with those dudes before and a lot of people said that they did something dirty together, cause she's the only girl of the group."Chanyeol said. Taeyeon clenched her jaw upon hearing that, it makes her mad to hear someone insult her friendship with the boys like that.