-17-

Two Years Later

"Guess what?"Taeyeon's best friend of two years, Im Jinah, came up to her excitedly and casually wrapped her arm around Taeyeon's shoulder. They have known each other since their first year, which is their foundation year in Kyunghee University. Im Jinah has always been very bubbly and sociable, practically the center of the group, and only her closest friends are allowed to call her by her nickname, Nana.

"What?"Taeyeon asked, looking up from her laptop.

"I got a boyfriend over sem break."Nana grinned brightly and giggled.

"Oooo, who's the unlucky guy?"Irene Bae asked from behind, overhearing Nana's announcement as she was walking towards them. "Is he someone younger or older then you?"she asked as she sat down beside Taeyeon.

"Older. He's going to graduate this year. Currently taking his internship now."Nana pouted.

"How did you guys meet?"Taeyeon asked, interested in the conversation. "A bar? Clubbing? School?"

"He's a close family friend. My father introduced him to me."Nana replied.

"So it's an arranged marriage? Something like that?"Irene asked.

"Who's getting married?"a voice asked behind the three of them and they didn't need to look back to know who she is.

"Yah Son Naeun! It's rude to eavesdrop."Nana whined, hitting her playfully on the arm.

"Oh please, you guys were talking so loudly."Naeun said as she sat down beside Nana. "Who's your partner?"she asked after placing down her laptop.

"Nam Young Jin. And we are not getting married! My father just found him likeable since he's interning in my father's company, hence, arranged a blind date for us."Nana explained. "Now we are dating!"

"Congratulations. I know how long you have been whining about being single."Taeyeon said, not forgetting to mention how Nana whined about being single for the two years she has known her. She would just shout out that she's single randomly when she enters class or when she sees them, they got used to hearing that from her.

"You should arrange a lunch meeting. Let all of us meet him."Irene said. "The semester just started, so how about this Friday?"

"I can't on Friday. I have work remember?"Naeun said.

"Oh yeah. Forgot about that."Irene mumbled. "How about next Monday night?"

"I think Young Jin won't be available on weekdays. He's an intern."Nana said. "But I will try to arrange a meeting this month and see if he's free."

"How do you guys even make time for dates? During the weekends?"Irene asked.

"Only on Sunday."Nana said. "So it's hard to meet up with him. Unless my dad gives him a break or something."

"That's too bad."Taeyeon mumbled, just in time the lecturer came in. She didn't realise how long they have been talking because the lecture theatre has already been filled up. She glanced at her surroundings, there are a lot of new faces. Some students are probably taking a separate additional minor, while some might from different intakes. She could see that everyone at least knows one person in the lecture theatre because everyone is in their small little gangs. Just like how she is in a gang of four.

The lecturer started briefing them about what he expects of his students and what the students should expect from this module. He also didn't forget to emphasize how strict he is about punctuality. Finally the class ended and it's time for the lecturer to take attendance.

Taeyeon turned to her friends and started asking them about their semester break. Nana's life was just about dating, nothing much. Naeun went to Japan for a week. Irene was at home doing house chores. Taeyeon herself didn't really do much, but she did do some volunteering at the children's home.