Prologue

Eleven Years Ago...

-Taeyeon's POV-

I wrapped my arms around my mum's thigh and wouldn't let go when she tried to shake me away. There is no way I am going back to that hell hole. It's mental torture to sit in a class with all those kids staring and snickering at me. Just because I'm shorter than most of them, doesn't make me a dwarf.

And worst, it's my second day of school and people are already nicknaming me 'Taeng Elf'.

"Taeyeon-a, don't be like this."my mother sighed as she tried to pull my tight grasp away from her. "Your father won't like this."she said. As if she summoned my father, he appeared at the bottom of the stairs with his black briefcase that he carries around whenever he goes to work. 

He looked at me disaprovingly and said, "Kim Taeyeon."

I shivered at the cold tone he used to say my name. Whenever he call me by my full name, I could feel the authority he has on me. Immediately, I let go of my mum's leg and stood up from the floor. I go behind my mother, grabbing the piece of fabric I can hold in my tiny fists. "There are bullies in my school."I mumbled, peering at my father through my eyelashes.

"Kim Taeyeon you are already 7 years old. You can stand up for yourself."he said. I was only seven, so I havent' master the art of rolling my eyes yet.

"Maybe we should talk to the principal about this."my mother said as I looked up at her gratefully. Mother's always right. Unfortunately my father never listens to her.

"It's just a bunch of seven year olds. I'm sure Taeyeon can handle them by herself."my father said, disregarding my mother's suggestion. "Go now, the bus is leaving soon."he looked at me and said. I pursed my lips together and bent down to grab my bag. Reluctantly, I opened the door and walked out of the house. As I walked down the path, I was silently praying that my mother followed after me to tell me that she will talk to the principal about this.

But she didn't.

-

-Narrative-

Her mother shook her head in disappointment as her daughter left the house to walk to the bus stop by herself and said to her husband, "Try to be softer with her next time."

"I already toned down my voice with her."he sighed.

"Which makes it even scarier to her. And even if it's about a bunch of seven year olds. We shouldn't take this lightly. Our daughter is getting bullied."her mother said, concerned about her daughter.

"I will call the principal."Mr Kim muttered. "We don't want Taeyeon to think that she can always rely on us. She needs to learn to take care of herself. So don't tell her that I called the principal."he continued and marched out of the door to go to work.

His wife just smiled and blew her husband a kiss although he can't see it as his back is facing her as he got into his car. This is the kind of parental method Mr Kim and his wife discussed. Force Taeyeon to learn how to be independent since young.

-

Taeyeon looked down at her feet as she made her way to her class. She sat down at the back and finally dare to look up. Everyone already know each other since they all probably went to the same kindergarten. But Taeyeon knows no one.

A girl approached her. Taeyeon smiled at her. She is finally going to make a friend.

"Hi-"

She was cut off when her bully blocked the little girl from approaching Taeyeon. Taeyeon frowned at the bully. The bully rested his palms on her table and smirked down at her.