-09-

Baekhyun heaved another heavy sigh as he stared firmly at the ground, with his shoulders slouched in despair. He still can't believe his ears.

Flashback to this morning

After finishing his breakfast alone in the huge dining room, Baekhyun decided to visit his father's studies to tell him that he's leaving for school. He tugged on the bag strap over his shoulder as he walked down the hall that leads to his father's room. His steps echoed throughout the hallway, showing how empty the huge house is as only a few maids live with both his father and himself.

He only sleeps and eats in this house to disregard the loneliness he feels in this huge house. Although his father doesn't care very much about him and only cares about his studies, Baekhyun still loves him, because he is the only family he has.

Baekhyun was about to push open the door to his father's room until he heard his father having a coughing fit. He quickly pushed open the door and rushed to his father's side. He froze when he saw blood on the tissue in his father's palm.

"F-Father."

His father threw the tissue into the dustbin and pulled out his drawer to get his medicine. Baekhyun was horrified and in a lost for words as his father calmly took his medications.

"What brings you here, son?"his father asked him, as if nothing happened.

"What were those medicines for? And you just coughed out blood!"

"It's nothing."his father said. "I'm just getting older."

"Old? You are not even pass 50 yet!"Baekhyun expressed in frustration. "Are you ill?"

His father sighed and ran his hand down his face. "Yes. That's why you have to take over the company soon."

"Stop thinking about the company! Get yourself treated in a hospital! Don't just sit here and do nothing about it!"

"It's too late for me. I still have a few months left, why should I waste my time in the hospital?"

End of flashback

Baekhyun has been withdrawn from the things around him the whole morning, constantly thinking about what to do. He's too young to take over the company, how about college? Should he just skip college and take over the company although he doesn't have much experience? And why did his father hide his illness from him? He would have worked even harder if he knew about his father's illness.

He feels exhausted from stressing over the company at such a young age already. He should have taken his internship more seriously during winter break. He doesn't have a clue how to help produce music like his father and become CEO of Elyxion Entertainment. He feels so lost right now, he doesn't know where to start and what to do.

"Hey."

He looked up from his palms to see Kim Taeyeon standing in front of him with his blue umbrella in her hand.

"Thanks for the umbrella."she said as she reached out her hand to give him the umbrella.

"Are you sure you don't want to keep it for one more day? I think it's going to rain soon."Baekhyun said.

"My friend is going to pick me up from here, so I don't need it."she replied, joining him on the bench. "You seem distracted."she said softly. "Is something bothering you?"she asked him cautiously, afraid to offend him.

Baekhyun finally smiled for the first time today. His friends never noticed how withdrawn he looks the whole morning, not even his table mate. Nobody asked him if he is okay. Nobody seems to care. But she noticed straightaway.