Shots

kelly carried her luggage over her shoulder and walked up the porch steps.

"wheres the bathroom in this place?"

monica asked settling her luggage on an open door.

"its outside right next to the lake." kristine said panting over the heavy cooler.

"Im so not going out there at night." kelly said chuckling, "which is my room?"

"you can have the one down the hall. Me and Brian get this room." monica answered pushing the door open to reveal a queen bed with clean sheets and wide window for a view.

kelly walked down the dark hallway and opened up the door to see a musty yellow color and drapes covering the window.

"ew." kelly muttered.

"i can get irene to trade rooms with you," kristine butted in seeing how displeased kelly looked.

"youd do that?"

"id try." kristine said smiling. she walked outside helping irene carry a large dufflebag inside.

kelly stood beside monica, she could not hear what kristine was saying, only watching irenes reaction.

"well how ugly is it?"

kelly managed to make out from reading lips. she walked up to them.

"its no big deal you guys ill just take the drapes down and the room'll be fine." she said.

"you sure?" kristine asked.

"yeah i could care less." kelly lied.

"well. if you want us to move in there we will." irene offered.

"no its okay." kelly said, walking back out to talk to don.

"Don?" kelly said resting her head by the car.

"whats up kel?" don said grabbing the beers and closing the trunk.

"we dont have the best room, because its ugly. irene offered to switch but i didnt wanna make a big deal out of it."

"you make a big deal out of everything." don laughed.

"donavan! Don't be a prick."

"kelly im just saying. sometimes you need to stay quiet about stuff."

"whatever. wheres the bathroom."

"its outside here, go around the cabin."

kelly rolled her eyes and walked out around the cabin like he said to do. the wooden room, with a loose door.

"what is this? Shrek?" She said opening it up and finding the toilet to be porcelain and connected underground.

"not too bad." kelly said grinning. There was even a medicine cabinet. she swung open the mirror door and noticed syringes with drug bottles below them.

kelly laughed in delight. "this is how i get on everyones good side." she said as she swiped all of the bottles and shoved them in her sweater pocket. she even grabbed two syringes. then left.

Don was leaning against the cabin looking at the tall oak tree in front of him. Kelly walked back up to him,

"hey, done being a bitch?"

Kelly scoffed. she whipped out a bottle and reached out for dons hand.

"I don't know what kind of shit Kris's dad does, but I found a couple of these in the medicine cabinet."

Don studied the bottle,

"do you know what it is?"

"I was hoping you would." Kelly said crossing her arms.

"it could be poison." he said opening the cap and looking at the liquid.

"it almost smells like blood." he said crinkling his nose.

"let me see." she said snatching it back.

"I say you put it back where you found it."

"Don. don't be a pussy. just inhale it."

"inhale it? you don't even know where it came from."

"look. we can just take a sip. if nothing bad happens we can tell the others and they'll love us."

"they already like me. I think you worry too much."

he said throwing the cigarette down and squishing it.

"And you're also not thinking about the consequences. you can have a heart attack." he added walking up the porch.

Kelly studied the bottle. "you only live once." she muttered.