Reconcile

Kristine woke up tied under the bed frame with tape on her mouth, she was extremely cold, but felt the sweat on her forehead, she looked down to see her naked body and her arms tied together to the bed post covering her bare chest. Her legs wrapped around the other bed post with tape running up to her knees. There was a bruise on her forehead.

"Don, how many more rounds do we have on that."

"About 5." Don said pulling shells out of his pocket.

"So you guys just shot Irene?" Monica squealed.

"No, that's not Irene." Ian sighed.

Brian walked out of Kristines bedroom.

"What took you?" Monica asked going for a hug.

He rejected her and walked to Don.

"I'm not staying here to just die." He said. Don saw the crazy in his eyes.

"Me either man, what are you getting at here?"

"Someone's gotta do something about this. I don't feel safe with those things out there and I sure as hell don't feel safe with you fuckers in here."

"Well you can just hide in the room. By yourself. And let this paranoia eat you alive." Don hissed.

"Guys calm down." Ian said putting his hand on Erins shoulder.

"Babe. Where's Kristine?"

"She's getting dressed."

"I'm gonna check on her." Monica said walking towards the door. Erin violently gripped Monica's wrist and pulled it towards him.

"She's not safe to be around anymore. You know what Irene did to her."

"Babe that doesnt mean anything, so she got a little blood on her clothes."

"It could be airborne for all we know." Ian butted in.

Erin's eyes twitched.

"I just don't wanna lose you." He growled.

Monica shook her head slowly, "you won't. But I might lose you." She snapped pulling her arm off of his grip.

"Here." Don said handing Monica the shot gun.

"Just in case." He said.

"I've never shot one of these before?"

"Squeeze, don't pull." Don added.

Monica stared at it. She walked into the room and shrieked.

Kristine put her head up at the scream and saw Monica, she screamed for help even though it was muffled by tape.

"ERIN WHAT DID YOU DO." Monica cried grabbing the tape.

Don walked in, "what the fuck?"

There was a loud thwack on Dons head. He collapsed. Erin was holding a candle stick behind him.

"BABE WHAT THE FUCK?"

Don winced at the pain at the back of his head as he rolled on his side.

"Their sick Monica." Erin growled.

Ian grabbed the shotgun from monica and hit Erin's neck with the shotgun.

He hit the floor and it all went black.

"Kris!" He cried out running to her. He grabbed a glass shard and tore threw the tape.

He slipped the tape off Kristine's mouth and onto her neck, she threw her arms around him and sobbed.

"Oh god." Is all she could make out. Ian slipped off his sweater showing his pale chest, "here wear this." He said. Kristine took it and slipped it over, it was big on her. It covered her knees and palms.

"..thanks." She said trying to smile. She ripped the tape off her legs and arms.

She couldn't pull the tape off her neck.

"Is he dead?" Monica asked stuttering.

"Im not sure. But he's not safe to be around." Don said rubbing his head.

"Your god damn right hes not." Kristine said rubbing her sore wrists.

"Where are your clothes?" Monica asked.

"He threw them out the window, no way I'm getting them now." Kristine said staring out the window, seeing only blackness.

"Let's just kill these fuckers." Don said.

Monica and ian turned to him, puzzled.

"What do you mean?"

"What do we have to lose? Lets go out and waste those creatures."

"We only have so many bullets left Don."

"Just kill that fucker right there." He said pointing to Eric.

"NO." Monica shouted. Everyone looked at her.

"He's just paranoid... He's not sick."

"Should we really take the chance?" Ian asked.

"Do you want a dad like that? Tell your kid again how he tied up your best friend." Kristine said crossing her arms.

Monica bit her lip.

"Let's just tie him up. If he's not sick we'll untie him." Ian said.

"Ok." Don said. They picked Erin up. He moaned unconscious.

"I'll get a chair." Kristine said, she couldn't wait to get out of that room. She ran out the hall and into the living room and saw a woman.

"Mckenzie?"