Prey

Kristine ran out of breath, "can you walk on your own?" She asked.

"I think so," he said standing on one foot.

"Its coming, we got to kill it." Kristine said checking the shotgun. "We gotta make these two bullets count." She said.

"If anything happens. I love you." He said. Kristine hugged him, "I love you too. Let's eat this fucker for dinner." She said backing away as the rumbling got closer.

It sprang up, claws first.

Kristine pulled the trigger blowing its head off, it leaned back waving its claws in the air. It fell with a thud.

"Nice shot.." Ian muttered. Kristine sighed.

"Its over." She said relieved and hugged ian. She felt tentacles throb out of his bare back. "No..." She said backing away.

"What's wrong?" Ian asked.

"No..." Kristine repeated, slowly raising the shotgun at him.

"What?"

Before Kristine could shoot, the creature rose back up squeiling. Kristines eyes widened. She ran past it and back into the field, making her way to the cabin.

"Fuck!!" She squeeled sprinting towards the patio, tears running down her cheeks, she tripped over a critter, Kristine grabbed the shotgun and slammed it down its head repeatedly until it cracked open like a shell. She kicked it away and got up from her butt and ran inside shutting the door. She exhaled in relief. There was a clicking noise behind her. She dropped the shotgun and grabbed a knife from the counter. It was Kelly.

"I'm not gonna put up with your shit bitch."

It growled at her.