I Love You

Last chapter!! Thank you for staying with me through this entire story❤️
——————————————————————
Sam plunged the angel blade into Gabriel's stomach. Warm blood poured over his hands as the archangel froze under his grip.
"You already have."
Gabriel looked up at Sam with pain written across his face.
"Why?"
"You tortured my fiancé then killed my brother and his boyfriend. Why do you think you son of a bitch." Sam pulled the blade from Gabriel's stomach then let go of his shoulder. Gabriel let out a final breath before his dead body fell to the floor.
Sam dropped the angel blade. He grabbed the keys to Lucifer's handcuffs off the wall and quickly set him free.
"Hey, Hey. You've got to get up." Sam pulled Lucifer to his feet. He wrapped his arm around his waist and pulled one of Lucifer's arms over his shoulder to support his weight. Lucifer groaned from the pain in his back which was still bleeding profusely.
Sam walked Lucifer through the out of the dungeon to the garage, trying not to look at Lucifer's wings which were spread across the floor, or Dean and Castiel's lifeless bodies. Their hands were still locked together from their final moments.
Sam kicked the door to the garage open and quickly took Lucifer to the Impala. He placed him in the front passenger seat before quickly running around the car to sit behind the wheel.
"I'm going to take you to the hospital, okay?" Lucifer grabbed Sam's hand as be pulled out of the garage. Sam squeezed it as he maneuvered his way down the winding path, never letting go.
"It's okay, you're going to be okay, we're almost there." He seemed to be talking more to himself than his fiancé.
As Sam drove across a bridge, he saw a sign with the word hospital. They were only 2 miles away. They could make it. They were so close.
Then the tire exploded.
The car swerved and Sam threw his arm across Lucifer to keep him safe. The car flew off the bridge and into the river below them.
Sam tried to open the door of the submerged car but it wouldn't budge. Water was beginning to spill into the car through the vents.
"No no NO!" Sam yelled. He banged on the door in anger before he noticed Lucifer wasn't moving.
"Lucifer? Love? What's wrong! Wake up!" Lucifer slowly came to consciousness with a loud cry.
"Ahh!" He reached down to his leg and Sam wanted to punch something. The car had folded in from impacting the water and Lucifer's leg was stuck in the folds. Sam tried to pull his leg out but it wouldn't budge.
"Sam, please leave."
"The doors stuck and I'm not leaving without you."
"Use the window. Lowering the window will make an opening and you can get out."
"What about you."
Lucifer reached up and held his fiancé's face, looking deep into his eyes.
"Don't worry about me. Save yourself."
"But you'll die!" Sam cried.
"Then I die, but you can live."
"No! I won't leave you."
"Please! I've already lost too much blood. I'm going to die whether or not you stay."
"Then I guess we die together." Sam climbed into Lucifer's seat and gave him the most heartfelt and heartbreaking kiss. All their emotions were bursting as tears streamed for their eyes.
"This is all my fault." Sam cried.
"This will never be your fault. There's no one I'd rather spend eternity with." Lucifer gave him a small smile.
"I love you Lucifer."
"I love you Sam Winchester." The held each other close, arms and legs entwined as they sank deeper and deeper into darkness. The water finally filled the car, and as the two lovers ran out of air, they were greeted by death.