Chapter Thirty-Six: It's Just Greg This Time (February 24, 2013)

"So, where are you going again?" Tessa asked Katja after her Saturday chores were done.

     Katja packed her final bag. "I'm going to Belgium," she answered.

     "And how long is that gonna take?" Tessa asked again.

     "It's going to be several days before I return."

     Tessa wasn't sure why Katja would be gone in Belgium for several days, but it was best not to ask too many questions since Group Time was about to start. She walked to her room and wrote in her notebook-

     So, from what I know, Katja is going to be Belgium for several days, and the reason is unclear.

     She would have to ask Faustine later. She lied down on her bed and thought about the reasons as to why Katja would go to Belgium. She wrote down some reasons.

1: Someone's having a wedding.

2: She has family there.

3: She's taking a vacation.

     Too bad Tessa was ignorant.

...

     It was Group Time, just the right time for Tessa. She plopped down on a plastic chair next to Faustine and whispered, "Hey, Faustine. I saw Katja packing her bags saying that she was gonna be in Belgium for a few days."

     That piqued Faustine's interest. "Oh?"

     "Yeah, what's up with that?"

     Faustine smirked and condescendingly answered, "Isn't it obvious? We're getting a new kid."

     Tessa wasn't sure whether to believe Faustine or not because when Greg packed his bags and left last December, it was because of a wedding and not because there was a new kid. And then Katja clapped her hands and announced-

     With a smug smirk coming from Faustine, Tessa never felt so stupid in her entire life, but to be fair she didn't know any better

     With a smug smirk coming from Faustine, Tessa never felt so stupid in her entire life, but to be fair she didn't know any better. She and her sister were the last new kids, and when Greg left he went to a wedding. So how the hell was she supposed to know that there was gonna be a new kid?

     "When are you leaving?" Faustine asked.

     "I'm leaving at around 2:00." Katja checked her watch. "Oh my God, I'm late for my plane!" She quickly grabbed her bags and zipped out of the house.

     Greg looked around. "Well... that's that," he thought. He handed out a paper and told them that these were their new Saturday chores. Tessa looked down and saw that her new chore was vacuuming the living room and kitchen floors. Oh well, it wasn't the worst chore in the world. At least she wasn't picking up stuff in the backyard like Fern and Niklas were.

     "Why the fuck do I gotta pick up some fucking sticks when there ain't any fucking sticks to pick up in the first place?! It's motherfucking February!" Fern complained.

     "Oh my fucking God, are you gonna be like that the whole time we're outside?" Niklas complained back, rolling his eyes in disgust.

     "Are you?!" Fern argued.

     "Hey, hey. It doesn't matter which chore you have. We are here to work together and make sure we have a safe place to live-"

     But Niklas and Fern didn't give a rat's ass because they started fighting right then and there.

     "WORLDSTAR!" Ryu-jin shouted as Greg separated Niklas and Fern from each other.

     And that was when Tessa realized that most everyone else around her were a lot stupider than she was. It wasn't a very good thing, but she felt better about herself.

...

     It was dinner time at the YouChannell Home

     It was dinner time at the YouChannell Home. They were having stoemp, cassoeula, and cheesecake.

     Greg put down his fork. "What do you mean?"

     "Well, I mean everyone keeps saying that drugs are bad, so does that technically mean that the anti-psychotics I'm taking are bad for me too?" Anima elaborated.

     Marcus put down his fork. "I never thought about that."

     This time Anima looked at Greg and continued. "I mean, you're always telling people not to do drugs. And our medications are drugs. So by that logic, does this mean that we shouldn't take our medications?"

     Most everybody scoffed at Anima's argument.

     "Motherfucker, I need my medication to survive," Tamie stated. Niklas nodded in agreement.

     "Where are you getting this drug idea from anyways?" Tessa asked.

     Instead of answering Tessa's answer, Anima said, "Look, all I'm saying is-"

     "I heard weed can cure cancer and seizures," Ryan interrupted.

     "Where'd you hear that from?" Greg asked.

     "From the internet," Ryan answered.

     "I heard that too," Tessa added, "I heard medical marijuana can reduce chronic pain and increase appetite in people with HIV and AIDS."

     "Wanna know what else I've heard?" Faustine began, "I also heard that smoking medical marijuana isn't a good way to treat cancer, HIV, and AIDS."

     Greg looked at Ryan and asked, "Is this what this whole thing is about?"

     Ryan froze in self-conscious fear. "I mean, we're talking about weed. It's not like weed is heroin or any other shit like that. So why the fuck is it still illegal?!"

     "Oh, so that was it, wasn't it?" Greg said, "You only brought up medical marijuana so that weed could be legal, huh?"

     That did it. "Y-Yeah..."

     Half of the people groaned. The other half laughed like it was a typical ending of Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law.