Chapter Seven: Illegally Blonde (July 4, 2012)

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Kishi asked Anima early in the morning as she was dying her hair in the sink.

     Anima was silent for a minute before she answered meekly, "Yeah, I wanna do this."

     Kishi looked at Anima's face and asked quietly, "What's wrong?"

     "...Nothing." She didn't want to admit it.

     "Then why do you want your hair dyed?" Kishi asked, stopping for a moment.

     "I... don't want people to... recognize me when I go to school..."

     "But you're going to be a new stude-" Kishi stopped. Anima knew that she would be a new student and that no one there would recognize her except Kishi and a few other people at the home who went there. Anima was worried that her mother... that bitch... would recognize her. "Are you still worried about your mo-"

     "I think we can put the dye in now." Anima clearly didn't want to discuss her mother.

     Kishi looked at Anima's hair. "Yeah, I think so, too."

...

     "How do I look?" Anima asked worriedly to Kishi. Kishi held up a mirror. It wasn't platinum blonde but rather a golden blonde.

     "Do you like it?" Kishi asked.

     Anima considered and looked at herself in the mirror for a good while. "Yeah... You got any clothes I can borrow?"

     "Yeah. I'll go get some." Kishi left for a while to collect some old clothes. While she was gone, someone else walked into the bathroom. Anima freaked out; so did Niklas.

     "What. The. FUCK?! Did you do to her hair?!" Niklas whispered-shouted.

     "Why the fuck do you care so much?!" Anima retorted back defensively.

     "Why the hell did you dye your hair?!" Niklas objected. When Anima didn't answer, he said obnoxiously, "Yeah, that's what I thought."

     "Why the fuck do you care so much?" Anima repeated again, angrily, almost tearfully.

     "Don't you know how dangerous bleach is to your skin? If you're only doing this because you think that no one will recognize you with blonde hair, then you're a real-"

     "Hey! You leave my friend alone!" Kishi's voice interrupted.

     Both Anima and Niklas turned heads and looked at Kishi. She was holding some old clothes for Anima. "Your friend's being a real dumb ass," Niklas told the girl.

     Kishi stepped forwards the asshole that bullied her friend. She meant business.

     Niklas stepped backwards. She meant business. "I-I'm sorry for messing with your friend, alright? I only came in here to use the bathroom, and I just happen to notice that she dyed her hair blonde. I didn't mean to insult her." He quickly closed a stall door.

     "You can change in my room," Kishi aided her best friend as they walked to Kishi's room.

     "Won't you need these clothes back?" Anima asked.

     "Nah, you can keep them. They're too small for me anyways," Kishi replied.

     Anima looked at her. "You're the bested friend I could ever have," she said as she closed Kishi's door The outfit was nothing like what Anima usually wore, but it was the cutest thing she had ever seen. The rosy pink halter top, the sunshine gold sweater, the denim skirt, the periwinkle thigh-high socks, and the slick black Mare Janes... Anima looked at herself in the mirror. She saw a completely different person... a happier person oddly enough.