Chapter Two: Swearing is Bad (May 14, 2012)

"So that we don't get a repeat of last year," Gregory began in the living room during Group Time, looking at Ryan and Niklas since they were the biggest repeat offenders, "We're going to learn how to watch our language." 

     Ryan's hand shot up. "How does one 'watch his language'?" he asked like an asshole. Greg cleared his throat.

      "Oh," Anima realized before saying, "But everyone else in the fucking world says them!"

     "Well, we're gonna be the first people to not say them in school!" Greg declared cheerfully as he pulled out a neon green poster board from under the table along with a purple Crayola marker and wrote "WORDS WE CAN'T SAY IN PUBLIC" in big bold letters.

     "This is kind of important, Kishi," Mr. Gregory answered, not wanting to sound rude because this was just how Mr. Gregory was in general.

     "Kish! We're going to school together!" Anima exclaimed. Anima and Kishi Sayaka had been childhood friends since almost the beginning of their times.

     Kishi's face lightened up. "I'll help with school, Mr. Gregory!" she chirped eagerly.

     "Then you don't mind helping us with this project?" Mr. Gregory asked. Kishi nodded. 

     Mr. Gregory cleared his throat. "Alright, gang. We're gonna list a bunch of words we are never gonna allowed to use in public. Kishi, would you like to start us off?"

     Uncomfortably, Kishi blushed. She hated swearing in front of people, especially adults, but she had to take one for the team. "Well 'damn' and 'hell' come to mind," she mumbled timidly as she listed all the common words, even the ones that she would never say or even think to utter. It was even more uncomfortable and even more shocking to see Mr. Gregory write them down. Kishi was very sorry.

     "Good," Greg said, "Anyone else got some others to add to the list?"

     Anima was excited to contribute. She was so excited that she added at least twenty words to the list; most of them were racial slurs against blacks, whites, Hispanics, and especially Asians. Greg was appalled; Kishi was mortified- her hands over her mouth; everyone else was shocked. Anima had to walk out of the room into the hallway with Greg.