Chapter Ten: The First Day of School (August 6, 2012)

"Rise and shine! Time for the first day of school!" an old man's excited voice pierced the skies. No one really wanted to wake up, so Greg had to turn on all of the lights. Unfortunately, Anima's room was the first room he entered. "Come on, Anima! Rise and shine!"

     "Fuck off!" Anima groaned under her pillow and rolled over away.

     "I'm being serious here, Anima. It's time to get up," Greg warned, slowly removing her pillow from her hands and head. "Anima!"

     "WHAT?!" Anima yelled groggily, her voice raspy, her hands over her ears.

     "It's time for school."

     "But it's too fucking early!" Anima whined.

     "Well, school starts early. So might as well get up early," Greg only said.

     Anima wasn't used to waking up at six-thirty in the morning since she had gone to special school ever since she got here until the day she got kicked out, so she was more used to waking up later- like at eight-thirty or nine in the morning.

     When she walked into the kitchen, she only saw Cereza and Axel. Axel was an asshole.

     Anima didn't much like being called a dumb motherfucker

     Anima didn't much like being called a dumb motherfucker. "You calling me stupid, you oversized emo?!" Anima retorted back, "You call me dumb one more fucking time, I'll pop you a sweet one right in the balls!"

     "Anima! Cut the threats!" Greg told her.

     Axel would've been afraid except for the fact that he was clinically depressed and dead on the inside, so he felt nothing and just sat there.

     "How come you're not wearing your uniform?" Greg asked.

     "What uniform?" Anima wanted answers.

     "The school uniforms for middle school," Greg clarified, "All the middle and high schoolers are required to wear one." He was at least nice enough to show her hers.

     Or not. Anima saw the uniform. She saw an orange denim skirt with a white sailor shirt and an orange tie. It was the ugliest fucking thing she had ever saw. "WHAT THE FU-"

...

     "Don't worry, sweetheart. They won't harp at you too much for not wearing it," Ryan told Anima after Cereza and Axel got on the bus for elementary school.

     "That is an outright lie, and you damn well know it," Faustine replied to Ryan.

     "Huh?" Anima asked.

     Faustine looked at Anima with a scary face and answered, "It's called living life."

     Anima was more confused than ever, but she didn't want to bother asking further questions because Faustine always assumed that everyone else was a dumb ass. Instead, she noticed outside the window Shibi getting on the special bus and thought that she was late.