Chapter Nineteen: Visiting Niklas II (October 2, 2012)

It was the same road, the same scenery as the last time Ryan visited Niklas around a week ago. However, this week felt different.

     "Not gonna lie, I've never been in a psych ward before," Marianne admitted on the quiet journey to said psychiatric hospital.

     "You don't want to be in one unless you really need it," Tamie said as she looked out at the window.

     Ryan just looked out at the window. It was only last week when he yelled at Niklas for wanting to kill himself and being depressed. At the time, it seemed considerate, and he was expressing how he personally felt. But how did Niklas feel? Not good. In fact, Ryan seemed to be a complete asshole the whole visit. He sighed through his nose; he hoped Niklas wasn't still mad at him. He hoped he could bring himself to apologize to Niklas.

     "Ryan, you've been a little quiet. Are you okay?" Greg asked.

     Ryan looked up from his thoughts. "Y-yeah. I'm fine," he said. He looked back at the window uncertainly. He hoped he could own up to fucking up last week. He hoped Niklas was in a good mood.

     He hoped he didn't have a panic attack like last time. Yeah, this was a shitty excuse. Ryan wasn't thinking straight, and he let his emotions and personal thoughts get the best of him. However, didn't he have a right to express how he felt about the situation?

     ...Yes, but lashing out and yelling right at the person who actually attempted suicide wasn't an acceptable way. Ryan should've texted his girlfriend more often... or written in a journal...

     Ryan should've said something sooner; Marianne should've said something, too. After all, they were the first ones to notice that something was up with Niklas, and yet they didn't say anything. They were too scared to say anything.

     While Ryan and Marianne were riding in complete silence, Tamie noticed another one of her hallucinations, Breanna, running with Ryan's car that Greg was driving.

     "Bre! BRE! BRE!" Tamie shouted at the window.

     "Tamie, what's going on?" Greg asked.

     "BRE! BRE! IT'S ME!" Tamie kept on shouting.

     "What the fuck is going on?" Marianne wondered.

     Ryan pretty much knew what was going on. He didn't see any of the shit that Tamie saw, but was pretty much used to her shouting at windows when she sees Breanna... or that other thing Tamie's seen before.

     It took ten minutes for Greg to calm Tamie down.

     "Who was the person you were shouting at?" Greg asked.

     Tamie was still trying get Breanna to notice her. "Bre-ee!" she sobbed hysterically.

     "Tamie, Tamie," Greg soothed quietly, "Let's take a deep breath."