Chapter 02: Rolling, Rolling, Rolling

"Phew!" I guess it's too bad I don't have a proper body besides this ball stuff... With it, at least I can roll. So far without losing my consciousness, I can roll about 10 minutes per day... It takes a while to move further, but at least I'm improving.

'Ding! Congratulations host for completing Quest #1. Grab 10 pieces of trash. +50 EXP'

"Alright!". I feel like a kid in a game. Yesterday, after grabbing a piece of trash with my soul, well, I can't grab anything yet, I sensed it with my soul and I think the system pitied me or something and I unlocked the Quest system! It demanded to get 10 pieces of trash to complete the quest and I got quite a lot of exp. For some reason the system every time I discover something new I get +1 EXP but after I discover the same thing it doesn't give me EXP... Guess I'm starting to get greedy already with only so few EXP...

"System time to heal my soul. Spend all EXP on soul healing". Hope this time is less painful.... Here we go...

'Ding! Soul healed 5%. Soul status: 50% damage'

"arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". Guess is worse than before, sigh.

'Ding! Host status changed: Unconscious'

'Ding! Basic Soul Resistance level-up to 5!

...

Well, this feels more comfortable at least now I can move and sense further. Let's see what's new in my memories...mmm...mmm...okay, that's strange I still don't know my name well at least now I know how I died. I doubt healing more of my soul will give me some useful memories beside my name. Though it was totally lame at how I died, it was a normal day on Earth, that's the name of my planet, quite stupid in my opinion. I died at 17 years old and a virgin...

I was walking in the street as usual going home when I saw a really hot girl that was about to be hit by a truck! At that moment I felt my mind think really, really fast, somehow I managed to jump in front of the truck and push the girl, at that moment I really thought I died. In the end, I got hit by the truck and went to the hospital, surprisingly my body didn't have that much damage, only 3 months to recover.

During the first month, I was in the hospital the girl I saved came to visit a few times and we really hit off well, one day my mind started again to think again really fast, and so I thought maybe I got some kind of superpower...

'Ding! Congratulations host found a drop of blood. Do you wish to absorb it?'

"Yes!"

'Ding! Congratulations host obtained an uncommon gray wolf bloodline. +1 EXP'

'Ding! Host status changed: Unconscious'

...

I fainted again... Yeah, I keep talking to myself and remember my past otherwise I think I will go crazy in this barren land.

After having thought I had some kind of superpower at the hospital, I tried to use my mind to use telekinesis what amazed me is that I was right, it worked, at least the first time... The cake the girl I saved brought ended in my mouth. I was really hungry... So... The cake was too big and I had both arms broken... Telekinesis didn't work a second time. Sigh, I choked myself to death.. Does it count as suicide? Yeah, I did a lame and pointless death.

...

One more month went by rolling, rolling and rolling. I searched through all my memories, but I haven't found something useful. I'm still unknown to myself why I cannot remember my name? What's so special about?

...

Three months went by...

'Ding! Congratulations host learns passive skill Rolling Lv1!. +1 EXP'