Chapter 36: Everything Is Just Peachy

Start from the beginning

Here the handwriting changed. I believe I recognized it to be Zoro's.

Here's the run down. If we get separated, you included somehow, just meet back at the ship in three days.

Again the writing changed, this one I was sure was Chopper. His handwriting was messy.

Katsu! Make sure if I'm not there you go see a doctor! Even if we meet up in three days your health is top priority!

Then it was sighed by Luffy. The note was crinkled from being shoved around between my crew mates.

My breathing had calmed down, and I felt myself let out a sigh of relief. They didn't abandon me. Now that my head was thinking clearer, I could almost laugh at my stupidity. Luffy wasn't one to just abandon any of us like that. Especially after he spend a whole week following after me and demanded I join.

Opening my bag to place the note in it, I paused. My eyes landed on the den den mushi with blue hair taped to it and a note. Shaking my head, I placed the note in the bag and closed it. I'll deal with that later, even if it has my birth name written on the note. Already I had a feeling that it must have been from my brothers, but I'm not ready to deal with that yet. Though just the thought of my brothers made me want to cry.

How could I have forgotten them? My twin, who has been with me since birth, and my adoptive brother? How could I have forgotten my own mother, and my uncle? All of them I had just forgotten.

Shaking my head softly, I cleared my eyes and my head. I can focus on that later. "Alright. Three days. I just gotta hide..." I trailed off, looking around me once more. There were no tall towering trees that reached the sky, nor were there a mass amount of bubbles traveling through the air. "This can't be Sabaody Archipelago though."

God, I hoped I wasn't on some other island by myself. That would end up a disaster alone. Then knowing I had three days to make it back there made it even worse.

With a groan, I lifted myself to my feet. By now my wounds for sure had closed up, though I couldn't feel much at the moment I could feel a prickle of pain. Which meant my body was starting to let me feel again. Overall, the worse I was experiencing was extremely sore and stiff muscles. With another groan, I curved my back backwards and allowing a loud series of cracks to escape my body.

"Damn," I whispered, rolling my neck carefully allowing more pops to crackle from me. "Well, I guess I need to find a ride, and see where the hell I am. However the hell I got here is a different story." I now knew enough to know my crew didn't- wouldn't abandon me, though I was still in the dark on how I even landed on this island.

Looking around me I tried to figure out the best place to walk. Behind me was nothing but the ocean, which was a clear no go. Then all in front of me was a swarm of trees and vegetation. Though nothing shouted 'civilization here!'. So, with a shrug, I just started walking. I didn't know where I was anyway, so if I got lost at least that was my excuse.

Could I actually get lost if I didn't actually have a destination in mind? I may have just found the perfect response for the next time Nami tries to call me out.

A low rumble in my stomach pulled my lips into a scowl. Maybe the first thing I should do is find something to eat. Anything will do, since it won't have any taste anyway. Of course oranges are always preferred, as I can still get a sliver of a taste from them.

My walking trailed to a stop as I looked at the plants surrounding me. A confused frown played on my lips. Which one of these was edible? Of course now I would find out Yume's ranting would be helpful. What was she telling me about poisonous fruits? They were always the dullest, right?

That didn't sound right. Maybe it was the most colorful?

I groaned, slamming my head against the tree trunk in front of me. I'm going to starve. All because I can't tell if the vegetation is safe to eat. Then I blinked, I could just hunt down some animal and cook it.

Having remember my times in the kitchen another groan escaped me. Yes. I was going to starve.

My little pity party was placed on hold when I felt a cool blade go against my throat. I looked down to the steeled blade that was placed at my neck, a few drops of blood already trailing down it. My attention was drawn to the hand. Old and withered, yet small and delicate fingers which held onto the handle with a firm grim. Spots of dry paint lingered on the trimmed nails.

I reminded myself of my condition. Mamoru had made it clear when I was younger I always needed to know when to pick a fight, granted that still didn't work out too well for me. Though I suppose if anytime was a time to not pick a fight, now might be it. Sure I wasn't necessary in pain, but I knew I was at my limit.

If regaining a lot of memories and therefore already stressing you mentally, and then waking up on a random island however many days later without your crew, and still slightly recovering from old wounds from a day or however many days ago didn't tell someone not to pick a fight I don't know what would. Instead, I needed to try to keep some peace.

"Hey, can you cook?" Immediately I wanted to slap myself. This person is holding a knife to my throat and all I can think about is my rumbling stomach. Dear lord, has Luffy rubbed off on me?

"I believe I'm the one holding the weapon, so I'll be asking the questions." It was a feminine voice, strong and rasped with age. "If my memory serves correctly, you're Crimson Hurricane Katsu."

"Yeah, so?" I practically rolled my eyes.

"Why are you here?" She demanded.

"Who really knows?" I shrugged, then winced when the blade dug in just a little more. "You know, I don't appreciate a blade being placed at my neck. It makes talking very uncomfortable."

"Yet you keep rambling." She scoffed.

My patience was wearing thin. I knew Mamoru had told me to be wise when picking my fight, but there was only so much I could really do. So, my hand pulled the gun on my belt and I swung around to point it at the woman.

However, before I could even fully move, her arm was gone and instead her foot made contact wit the side of my hip. The corner of my eye saw the woman's black foot, which was regaining color now. All the while I was sent flying.

A groan escaped me as I crashed through several trees, finally stopping at one where it snapped in half. Making sure to keep one eye open was hard as my face squished up in pain. My hip flared up in pain, which was followed by the ache in my body which had just been beaten by an array of trees.

"Shit," I whispered, "Old lady's got a good kick."

I had seen Mamoru's body turn black like that woman's foot before as well. Though for the life of me I could not place the name of what he called it. All I knew was he told me when I was younger I wasn't good enough to learn it yet.

Letting out a puff of air, which rustled the trees around me, I slowly stood up. My body tensed as I heard slow footsteps. Reaching back down to my belt, I actually managed to pull my gun out and point it towards the approaching figure.

Slowly a woman came into view. Her eyes were narrowed and a familiar scowl settled on her lips. A few wrinkles crinkled at the corner of her eyes, as well as a few lines on her forehead. The right side of her head was closely shaved and the rest of her hair was left long resting below her shoulder and dyed a dark purple.

A old marine coat rested over her shoulders, which flapped in the wind I was creating. Beneath the coat she wore a black tank top, where a gold necklace could be seen resting around her neck. Her combat boots, standard marine boots, crunched the twigs and dead leaves. My eyes landed on the sharp dagger she had placed back at her hip. A pair of cuffs rested in her hands, some that I supposed were for me.

....................

End of Chapter 36!

Were you guys expecting this? How do you think this is gonna turn out?

This is not edited