18

"Michu, do you want to see mommy?"

Before the clan buried her, you wanted your daughter to see Jennie one last time.

You walked to the room in which Jennie was held. She was lying on a concrete island in the middle of the dark room. She was dressed in black pants and a black silk blouse. Feet left bare. Her hair was slightly hanging off the hard surface. Her eyes were closed with her hands on her sides.

Michu started to whine. You looked and saw that she was reaching for her mom. You set her down and let her walk over to her. Michu slightly jumped and climbed up atop of Jennie. She laid her head over her mother's heart and rested her arms on her shoulders.

You walked over to the pair and grabbed Jennie's hand, looking at her pale face.

"I told you to stay at home," you whispered to yourself. "Your mom is stubborn...was stubborn," you said looking down at Michu.

As you were looking at Michu, you saw a tear escape her eye.

"Awe, don't cry," you said picking her up. "Everything will be okay...I hope."

"M-Mama."

Your eyes widened. You pulled Michu's head off of your shoulder and looked at her.

"Where did you learn to say that?!"

"Mama," she sputtered out again.

You smiled and turned back around to Jennie. You turned back to set Michu back on her, but you saw that Jennie's hands were now balled into loose fists.

'Were they like that before,' you thought.

You ignored it and set Michu back on her. You examined her body before turning your attention back to her face. Something was off. Her eyes. They weren't open before. Were they open before? You leaned in closer to her face and...

"Mama," Michu yelled.

You jumped back and grabbed your heart.

"Michu, don't do that! Scared me half to death!"

"Y/n."

You turned around and saw your father standing at the door. You walked over to him.

"Sir?"

"How are you holding up?"

"It is still settling in right now. I just can't believe that she is gone. Not to mention mom too."

"We both lost two important people."

"Yeah. How are you holding up?"

"I loved your mother. It is hard on me every day, but I can't do anything about that."

"I miss them."

"Me too. Jennie was just starting to be apart of the family."

"Yes, she was."

"Well, I just came to check on you. Get back to your daughter," your dad said walking away.

You sighed before turning around. You looked up from the ground and saw Jennie sitting up on the table, holding Michu in her arms.

"Jennie?"

"Y-Y/n, what happened?"