16

"Don't be nervous," your dad said turning to you.

"Dad, we are headed into battle with the vamp clan. I can't help but to be nervous. How are you not?"

"I am doing this for your mother. I am doing this for the people I love that have faced the wrath of Jennie's father. You should do the same. Do this for Jennie and Michu."

"That's mostly why I am nervous," you whispered.

"Don't worry about them. As long as you do your best in battle today they will be fine."

As you listened to your father's words, you heard something in the trees. Your father noticed your alertness and signaled for the clan to stop their movements.

"Did you hear that?"

"No, what did you hear?"

"I heard something moving in the trees. It was probably nothing," you said slowly walking towards a tree.

Your father caught on to what you were doing and played along.

"Yeah, it may have just been the wind."

You cautiously looked up into the tree you were walking towards. You saw a figure in the tree.

"Father, we should just keep on going."

Your father signal for the clan to follow him, while you slowly climbed up the tree. Just as the figure was about to move you grabbed it and slammed it to the ground.

"Who are you," you yelled pinning the person down.

"Ouch, dude that hurt!"

"Jennie?"

"Surprise!"

"What are you doing here," you said helping her up. "Where's Michu?"

"She is with someone somewhere safe. I came to help."

"You are really going to fight your family?"

"My family tried to kill me. They aren't my family. These guys are," she said looking at the wolf clan.

"Jennie, you can't. I would never forgive myself if something happened to you out there."

"Neither would I. I need to do this."

"Please."

"I am doing this despite what you say."

"Stay near me the whole time and try not to get to involved into the battle. You could seriously get killed."

"Don't worry, I was the best fighter in the vamp clan. Besides my father."

"I don't care how good you were, just be safe."

"Okay, I promise I will."

"Now let's go fight."

After a quick kiss and a 30 minute walk, your clan made it the the battle field. As soon as the first vamp or wolf came out onto the open field the battle would begin.

"Dad, are we going first or are we waiting for a vamp to come out?"

"We will wait."

Just as your father finished his sentence you saw a scrawny vamp enter from the other side of the field.

"Wolf Clan, let the battle begin!"