Chapter Thirty-Five

The flight back home was excruciating. As many times as I begged, I couldn't convince Naomi to let us take a cab back, so here I was holding on to my arm rest for dear life as we hit turbulence. My stomach threatened to spill into the isle of the plane and I silently begged myself to stay calm.

We arrived back in New York City with almost double the amount of cash we left with and I owed it all to Naomi's gambling habits. We waited at the luggage claims for almost half an hour before it arrived. We had a late flight, wanting to spend as much time as we could before heading back, so it was almost nine o'clock at night when we exited the airport. Like usual, there was a line of cabs waiting at the entrance of the airport and we rolled out suitcases towards the vehicle.

"Jessica! Naomi!" Isaac yelled from across the parking lot. We halted our movement and headed in his direction. He met us halfway to grab our bags before walking up towards Marcos car. I glanced excited into the vehicle expecting to see Alexander but was quickly disappointed when I only spotted Marco. He didn't come.

"How was your flight?" Isaac asked placing our suitcases into the trunk.

"Terrible. I'm never flying again." I huffed out.

"Well, you're in for a surprise when we leave for our honeymoon." Isaac chuckled opened the back door for me. I slid into the vehicle and was instantly greeted by Marco and Naomi in a lip lock. I cleared my throat signaling my arrival as they pulled apart.

"Sorry." Naomi said glancing into the back seat. She cleared her throat and made her way back into her seat just as Isaac slid in next to me. My stomach growled loudly, notifying me that I haven't ate since lunch time.

"Hungry babe?" He asked scooting closer to me. I leaned my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes.

"Very." I replied, yawning.

"You seem tired too. We can stop somewhere quick, how does Alidoro's sound?"

I nodded my head against him as we made our way into the city. Isaac shook my shoulder softly, coaxing my eyes open. I didn't even realize I fell asleep until my eyes drifted out the window and noticed we were at Alidoro's. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes before sitting back up in the car. I stood on the sidewalk and stretched my legs before following them inside.

The inside of the sandwich shop was small, which only sat ten people at a time, but the food was incredible. At one point in my life, this was all I ate. I've tried everything on the menu more than twice, but I've always favored their pavarotti sub. I sat on one of the chairs while Isaac ordered for me.

I was still groggy from sleep when he returned with my food. I lazily chewed each bite, savoring the blend of flavors against my tongue. I wasn't even paying attention to the conversation around me until Naomi tapped me on my shoulder.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm just exhausted." I replied. The entire week in Atlantic City, we only had a few hours of sleep each night and it was catching up to me. I was the type of woman who thrived off sleep, whereas Naomi could go days with next to none.

"You guys must have had fun." Isaac said, probing for details. I'd give him a brief rundown of my week but not now, I was too tired.

"We did. How was your trip?" Naomi asked holding a conversation with Isaac for me.

"It was fun up until Dad got food poisoning."

That sentence immediately caught my attention and I sat up straighter in my chair. I begged Naomi with my eyes to ask for more details and she caught on quickly.

"Oh no! Is he okay?" She asked for me.

"Yeah, he's at home trying to sleep it off. We had to come back a day early, against his wishes of course. I told him not to eat the calamari, but he insisted he could handle it."