Chapter 63

The minute I enter inside the quaint coffee shop, I feel an unsettling vibe kick in like something really bad is going to happen today.

I spot the blonde haired male sitting patiently at a small, round table off to the furthest left. He was busy staring out the window, watching people pass by to even notice me.

Chewing on my lower lip, I make a move towards him. 'This will be us talking for the first time since Yoongi was hospitalised.'

"Hey," I whisper, taking a seat across from him. Jimin instantly turns his full attention on me, an emotionless expression was the only thing present on his face.

I gulp, fidgeting with my fingers to stop myself from getting too nervous. "So...you wanted to met?" I awkwardly chuckle, not an ounce of real amusement existing in my laughter.

I was beyond afraid, I didn't really know what to expect nor say. It wasn't helping at the fact that Jimin wouldn't crack a smile, not even a little one.

"Taehyung," he says after a few minutes of just staring. "I've been doing a lot of thinking lately." He states, staring down at the silver table that we are sat at.

"I haven't really been a good best friend to you," he admits and I frown, furrowing my brows. 'I will acknowledge the fact that some of the things he did, I was hurt by but I would never brand him a bad friend. We all make mistakes. I made mines by not even admitting to my own feelings till it was too late, so I'm partly to blame for all this mess.'

"Jimin, you-" I try explaining to him that I'm not mad but he cuts me off. "-Taehyung, please." He pleads, a look of sadness deep in his eyes.

I clam my mouth shut, seeing that this was the first form of an emotion I have seen on his face today.

He takes a deep breath, closing his eyes in the process before reopening them and staring me dead in the eye. "Taehyung, I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry I couldn't be a good friend, I'm sorry I slept with Yoongi many times and forced you into trying to help me win Yoongi's heart. I know now that it can't be possible since he's in love with you." He states sadly. I was taken back, shocked even.

'Yoongi loves me?'

"H-how would you even know that?" I question, intrigued to know. He lets a soft smile take over his lips, "I can tell by the way he looks at you."

I was confused, 'does Yoongi really love me?!' I knew this was the moment I have to tell Jimin.

"Jimin, I also have things I need to confess to you." The blonde haired raised a brow in a mixture of curiosity and puzzlement. "You do?"

I nod my head and he signals for me to continue, "the thing is..." I trail off, feeling that heavy weight on my chest that I need to get rid of. "For a long time, I was in love with you." I explain. Jimin's eyes grow large, I couldn't help but giggle, thinking they might fall out of his sockets.

"Even when you were with Jungkook, I still really, really liked you." I smile sadly, "but you never seemed to notice how much I was in love with you."

"Tae I-" he tries to speak but I stop him, butting in to continue. "-it's okay. I was fine with it, as long as I was still by your side, I could manage even when it hurt most."

I lick my lips, preparing myself for the next part. "But then Yoongi came along. At first, I didn't like him. He was such an ass and wouldn't stop having sex on my bed or coming back to the dorm drunk." I chuckle slightly, my mind falling back to every memory that Yoongi and I have shared in the past few months together. "But we also had a lot of fun times and I was starting to warm up to him more. He became less irritating to be around and suddenly, I began falling hard for him."

Jimin nods, fully paying attention to every single word I'm saying, "you're in love with him, aren't you?" He questions.

I purse my lips as a large grin spreads on my face, "yes." I admit, finally. I could already feel the weight being pulled from my shoulders, instantly feeling the rush of relief.

Once again, Jimin nods quietly, not entirely sure of what to say next.

"I really am sorry Jimin, but I can't help you with Yoongi. As a friend, I want to root for you to follow your heart but as a rival, I can't let you have him." I state with sorrow in my tone.

Jimin weakly smiles, his gaze falling downwards onto the table. "It's okay Tae, you don't have to help me anymore because I'm giving up on Yoongi."

My brows frown together, "what?!" I accidentally shout a little louder than expected causing the few people inside to glance our way.

A string of apologies leave my lips while I bow towards the other citizens trying to have some morning coffee before work.

"I said, I'm giving up on Yoongi. It's clear he's in love with you, not me. There's no point in trying to ruin love for someone else when it's meant to be for them and not me."

I felt sad hearing Jimin say that...I mean I'm glad he's giving up on Yoongi so that we aren't in competition of each other. I never want a guy or a girl to come in-between us but it feels like Jimin has giving up on love completely.

"You'll find someone right for you Jimin." I smile, leaning forward to hold his hand. "Deep down, you're a good guy. You just have to figure yourself out."

He smiles widely at me, "thanks Tae." But then a look of regret takes over, "I'm really sorry again about everything, with Yoongi and the fact we've...done a lot together."

I puff my cheeks out in thought. 'Yes, they've slept together on many occasions. Yes, I'm still hurt by it. Will I ever get over it? Possibly not. But can I try to accept that it's in the past? I think so.'

"It'll take some time but I know I'll get through the fact that it's now in the past." I state, "so long as it never happens again, I think everything will be okay." I give him a friendly smile, letting him know I forgive him.

He sighs, staring down at our locked hands. "You really are the most selfless, caring, kindest best friend anyone could ever ask for." He smiles.

His face may be pointing downwards but that doesn't mean I don't notice the cloud of tears misting over his brown orbs.

"Which is why this makes it even harder." He states causing a frown to form on my lips. 'What the hell is he talking about?'

"Taehyung," I blink, "I'm really sorry that I'm leaving you." He whispers, almost causing me to fall off my chair if it wasn't for the fact that he was still holding onto my hand.

"W-what? I don't understand?" A queasy feeling enters the pit of my stomach.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
"Tae, I've decided to move abroad to better myself."

•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·

Author's Note

Double update because I didn't post anything on Tuesday.😂😂

So...did anyone see that coming?😱😱

Please vote ✨
Comment 💬
And follow ❤️

Insta: @kpopislife3
Twitter: @suga_taetae03