2

Amos Slade was a grumpy old man, with a teenage son, nicknamed Chief. The pair lived in an old cottage on the land next door to Widow Tweed. And the two land owners couldn't be further apart in morals.
Amos and Chief enjoyed hunting coloured people, with their two dogs, they found it a very entertaining sport. Though they often prefered to do it away from their home.
Keeping life, and play, seperate.
His wife had died many years before, turning him into a bitter old man, who didn't care for anything anymore, even his own son.

Chief was relaxing in the summer sun that same day, when he heard the sound of his dads old car pulling up in the drive way. He grunted and pushed himself up off his chair, to go and meet his father.
"Alright Pops?" He asked, as his father dismounted the car.
"Ay. I've got you a present" replied Amos.
Chief rubbed his palms together gleefully, hoping for a new gun, or a trap of some kind.
"Ah thanks Pops. What you get me?"
"Wait and see. It's in the back".
Amos walked around to the side of the car and opened the door, pulling out a small bundle.
Chief took a step back. "What is that?".
Amos pulled back the white cloth, revealing a small baby boy, with pale white skin and brown hair.

"This is my new little hunter. His names Copper" explained Amos.
"But dad..."
"No buts. He's yours to look after from now on"
"We don't need a new hunter. You've got me"
"Ay. But I ain't going to be around forever, and you are going to need a partner who can keep up with you"
"But it's gonna take years, before he's old enough to hunt"
"Well you had better get started then. I'm off for a beer".
Amos handed the baby to Chief and walked off back towards the house. Chief glared down at the baby, but Copper just smiled back at him.

"Eugh. Great. Just what I wanted" moaned Chief.
Copper giggled, and began to snuggle himself into the crook of Chief's arm. And even his heart of stone was touched.
"Alright. Maybe you aren't that bad" he admitted.
Copper yawned and went off to sleep. Chief moved slowly back to his chair, trying not to disturb Copper.
But he needn't have worried. Copper was sound asleep.
Chief sat back down, resting the baby against his chest, closed his eyes, and drifted off to sleep.