Chapter 22: You

The next day she felt a rush going through her veins, she couldn't wait to get to work. It was something that she hadn't felt in a while, but now she felt it more than ever.

Once she got to her classroom and did her test, Sydney skipped over to Heather who sat on a bench with Gina a friend of Karen, inside the school's building.

"Hey Heather, Gina." Sydney greeted with a small hurried smile. She didn't like Gina in the least, one of Karen's little minions. She would do practically anything for Karen, which was absolutely pathetic.

"Oh hey Sydney, how have you been?" Gina grinned and waved her hand. She flipped her dark brown hair behind her shoulder hitting the wall behind it.

"Funny that you ask." She deadpanned not even answering what she was asked in the beginning. Gina sighted and crossed her arms pouting at her.

"Sydney look, I know you hate Karen and I but it's just because you don't understand our situation." Gina tried to explain but Sydney didn't buy it. How could she? They treated her terribly. No matter what their situation was it wasn't fair how they took it out on her.

"Gina it doesn't matter, you don't have the right to treat people as you please so don't expect me to do the same." Sydney couldn't help it. She didn't like talking to someone with an attitude, in the contrary she thought feelings are mutual, and if you respected her than she would respect you in return.

"Alright," She paused for a moment and placed her hand on her chin as if she were in deep thought. "You have all the right to feel that way towards me, but I don't think you should feel that way towards Karen just hear her out." Sydney's head jerked up and she quickly stiffened. No... how could she ever speak to her again? Karen deceived her. She humiliated her. All the things she said and did just because she felt like it, how could she ever forgive her?

"I- I have to go..." Sydney rushed down the hallways with her head looking at her feet she felt angry and upset at the same time, it more like a mix of feelings. She was running now, her hair getting in her face as the air hits her. Sydney then bumped into someone, hard. She fell back on her butt and laughed, she simply felt like it. The boy laughed as well and rubbed his chest.

"Ouch, are you okay?" He asked. Sydney's heart stopped and her smile faded, she couldn't look at him... no. He held his hand out once he got up and firmly took hers when she wouldn't respond. "Hey are you alright?" The boy very boldly moved her blonde hair out of her face and quickly tilted his head grinning. Her breathing stopped for a moment, but somehow she managed to nod.

"I- I'm fine, are you okay?" His face completely changed now. He stared at her in shock blinking a few times before covering his mouth.

"You? Are you really?"

"Yeah, are you?"

They were both stuck, it was not awkward more like they were mesmerizing at each other. She felt hot, her cheeks flushed being stared at like this, it was making her a little nervous, being especially looked at by him. His light brown eyes just as he described were looking at her, his tosseled brown hair seeming so soft and fluffly. She was going crazy. The voice she knew, the masculine and sweet tone of his was unique, she would never confuse it with anyone's it was too special to her, it was the only thing she knew about him until now.

Sydney felt the warm tip of his finger on her chin making her look at him directly, he smiled.

"You surely didn't dissapoint me, in fact I can't believe how pretty you are." He moved closer to her sending the waves of his perfume straight to her. She smelled it and sighted trying to calm herself from what was happening. It felt very unreal the fact that Austin was in front of her. That the boy she fell for was touching her. He bit his thin bottom lip and pulled Sydney for a hug, his strong arms were wrapped safely around her and a warm sweet kiss was placed on her head.