IX

Dedicated to @seaqueen27  thanks for for your lovely comments x

The journey back to the castle was a quiet one. Cheryl and Jacob taking a different coach back leaving just Micah and I.

Our silence was almost powerful, we didn't have to fill the air with words. We know what our situation is and the consequences of his father's adultery but there's no point conversing about it anymore.

The spell might not be able to be broken which means I might die and since we haven't mated yet, Micah will be alive. Significantly Weakened but alive.

I wonder if he'll move on when I die.

Of course he will.

The kingdom needs a queen, maybe he'll mate with Simone and that can only happen over my dead body.

"The elders have made their decision." The advisors voice ran through both Micah and I's heads. I look at my mate and he squeezed my hand, "they have travelled to the castle to discuss their decision."

My heart sank. I know I have to be more calm this time around when I see Winston this time and not lash out like I did last time but if he tells us that we cant go and see Veronica because 'I'm selfish' I might just have to leave the room.

the carriage stops and the door opens, Micah gets out first before lending a hand to me to step out the carriage.

"You think you'll be okay?" I ask Micah, as we follow the guard to the meeting room, really I think I know my way around here by now but apparently we need escorting everywhere. "They might say we wont be able to meet your mother."

"Veronica." he corrects, "She gave up any right to be my mother the day she put a curse on the person I love." he informs me his eyes showing a swirl of hate that I never want to see again, "My worry is that there may be no cure and I'll loose you."

"I'll always be in your heart." I muttered mostly to help myself

"I'll rather kill myself than not have you here." he responded as if it didn't mean anything.

I stopped him, which caused the guard to stop as well, "Do not say that." I rebuke him, "We don't have an heir. If you're not here, who would look after the kingdom?"

"Rekard Junior." he answers, "Of course he will have to fight for it but he's the strongest alpha after myself, he's a shoe-in if anything happens to me."

We resumed walking but my brain was going overtime, Micah would really kill himself if I died? has our bond became that strong that he really cant live without me?
We haven't even mated yet.

We entered the meeting room and the elders and our elders bowed before us. we took our seats and looked expectantly at the elders.

"Thank you for meeting with us." Orion started, "All of us enjoyed your speech at the parade, Your Majesty."

Micah nodded his head, "I meant every word."

"Perfect, so the witches know exactly how to get to you, kill the child and get another war." Winston utters and I looked at Dame Knight, almost shocked that he just called me a child,

"I'm tired of this guy already," I utter in our mind link and the corners of her mouth goes up in a smile

"It's Queen Elise actually." Dame Knight interjects, "Now, Orion we were told you came here to discuss your decision. We've been gracious to let the elders into the castle, please inform the Winston that respect is given both ways and he should respect the Queen or be kicked out of the castle."

Niah has a little smile on her face as Orion looks at Winston who folded his arms but says nothing.

"Yes, Winston will behave himself," Lilith answers for him, "But you must understand our concern with giving you our permission, what if the Queen is to die? or the King, what do we do then?"

"We follow normal procedure and conduct the King Games." Sir Alafa answers.

"And we all know who would win that." Delilah states, "Do we want a Velaries on the thrown? I don't think so."

"Considering a Velaries resides here, I don't think they would mind very much." Winston comments and I resist rolling my eyes, they do not know we already know about Cheryl.

"Cheryl Velaries is kept here so the queen can keep an eye on her whereabouts." Dame Knight informs

"So you do not trust her but let her stay here?" Niah questions

"It's a complicated situation." Sir Alafa concludes, "But a handled situation."

Orion raises his eyebrow, he probably knows what we know and saw a time when we believed the lies she fed me.

"Back to the matter at hand." Micah speaks up, "Can I get the curse reversed or not?"

"The curse can be reversed." Niah answers, she's their resident spell breaker. A healer in a past life whose powers was passed down to her.

"Will signing a peace treaty with Amira help with the reversal?" I ask and they look at each other

"We don't see any harm signing the treaty will do but it wouldn't help the reversal." Lilith explains

"So we sign the treaty?" I ask and they nod their heads, "But why wouldn't it help the reversal?"

"There are only two ways to reverse the curse, the first option is to kill veronica." Niah states and I look at Micah who looked nonchalant.

"So we kill her." he utters

"She's your mother." Delilah responds

"My mother died with the king." Micah insists

"Well we cant kill her anyway." Orion states, "She's bound to your mate."

there was a silence in the room as we let it sink it, I'm bound to the person who put a timescale on my life? the moon goddess has a funny plan for me

"You're telling me if we kill veronica, I will die?" I ask needing clarification for something it is clear.

"There is a high possibility." Niah explains, "In order for her to have cast the spell she would have used blevis magic and we all know the consequences of blevis magic."

blevis magic is what the humans call black magic, extremely dangerous and is something that should never be tampered with - unless you're crazy which Veronica clearly is.

"So killing her is the second option." I nod, "What's the first?"

"It's not an option at all." Micah corrects, his eyes are on fire as if wondering why I would even think it's an option but we've got to keep it pushing. there is not a lot of time left.

I look at him, wishing I can just mindlink him by himself once again to calm him down but he isnt able to mark me yet.

"Can we just listen to the other options and see what happens?" I say in the mindlink with the advisors.

"I agree with Elise. we need to know all the options we have and not rule out anything." Sir Alafa states

He looked at Alafa who looked at him back with a look that could only be viewed as you know I'm right.

"What is the first option?" Micah asks

Winston narrows his eyes slightly and shifts in his chair, "When you go to meet with Amira and Veronica in No Mans Land we try and convince her to reverse the curse."

"And how will that work?" I question and they tell us the plan