VI

"Who are you and what is your buisness on these lands?" Leroy asks as Micah and the council sit upon the thrown overlooking a man who was on his knees bowing in respect

"Jacob Nisay, Alpha of the Nisay Pack West of the Middlands," The man stated and I looked at Micah who shook his head indicating to me that he doesn't know who this person is.

"You may rise." Micah instructed and the man stood up fully, his face had a large scare running across it as soon as he was able to stand he kept his eyes on me, I looked at Micah and who kept a straight face but I could tell he was seething.

Alpha males do not like it when someone looks at their mate.

"The Nisay's all died in the war." Alafa Jenikins informs and I hide my confusement even more.

"My parents, Alpha Tobias and Luna Hana, died along with my pack but I was taken to alsaka to hide away until the end of the war." he explains 

"The war was 21 years ago, what bring you here now?" Phillipa Olympia asks 

"I had a vision from the moon goodess," he announces, his eyes flickering between Micah and I. I swear I saw Devon roll his eyes, "If I may, I'm going to turn around, I do not wish their Majesties any harm but I can not prove it to you otherwise."

Leroy looked at us for a command and Micah nods his head, "Turn," 

Jacob took off his shirt and turned around revealling the tattoo I have but on his back. I freeze along with Micah as he turns back around, "I hope you see now why I had to come."

"What did the moon goddess tell you?" Devon asks

"Nothing much," Jacob replies putting his shirt back on, "She bloodtied me with her Majesty for her protection."

"I'm sorry but do you really wish for us to believe that a runaway from Alaska is going to help protect our queen more than the army we have here?" Dame Knight asks

"I was able to cross the border without detection wasn't I?" 

"Until you got caught." Devon intergected

"Nothing against your army, but if I could slip past them I'm sure the witches can too."

At times like this I wish Micah would have marked me already so I can mindlink with him seperatly and tell him that I believe everything this guy is saying. In this new age of royals she must know that we are going to be undergoing some challenges and would send as much protection as possible.

but for now I have to reply on the mindlink we have with the advisors which I got on the day of the red moon.

'I believe him,' I put in, 'We can hear him out and see if there is an actual blood tie between him and I'

'and if he's working with them?' Sir Alafa asks

'then we kill him, but for now we find out everything he knows and go from there, whatever happens we do not allow him alone with the the queen or the king,' Dame answers

'Fine with me' Micah finalises.

"We'll find you a room." Micah voices, "And we will have a seprate discussion on everything the moon goddess says and if we wish to believe you further you'll stay indefinitely,"

"And if you do not believe me?"

"Just hope we believe you." 

Jacob bows as Micah and I stand up to leave the room, "Oh your Majesty,"

Micah and I pause and turn to look at him, "Yes?" I ask

"Well done in the Queen Games, I couldn't think of anyone else to carry this burden," 

That was an insult on Micah's behalf but I didn't say anything but nod and take Micah's hand in mine as we walked out of the room.

"You think he's genuine?" I ask Micah when far enough from the thrown room.

"All I know is that I didn't like the way he looked at you." Micah answers as we make our way to our room, I resist rolling my eyes

"He barely looked at me, Micah."

"It doesn't matter, you're an unmarked girl whose obviously beautiful-"

"Why don't you mark me then?" He stops in his rambling whilst halting his fast steps and looks at me as if he hasn't even thought about doing that

"I cant."

"Why?" he took a deep breath whilst looking at me as if wondering if he should tell me this before sighing

"I don't know if marking you would make the curse speed up, I don't want to take precautions." 

My hand dropped from his; I can't even get close to my mate because it could increase the limited time I already have to be restricted even more.

"How long have you known?" I ask looking up at his purple eyes as the sheer concern for me was palpable in them

"I don't know for sur-"

"Okay then, how long did you have an inkling?" I demand

"Since I kissed you for the first time." He replied honestly, "I tried to concentrate on how good it felt to have you close to me but I couldn't help thing about what would happen if I marked you and I don't know what the curse entails fully but all I know is that I don't want you to leave me. You die, I die."

My heart felt a little heavy, I almost forgot about what the mate bond means, if he does then I die, this curse is like a curse on him not just myself

"You know a way we could find out?" I mutter to him, taking back his hand into mine

"Find out what?"

"The boundaries of the curse." I reply and he looks perplexed for a second before it hits him

"No." was his quick reply as he took up walking fast once more with my hand stuck in his clenched hand.

"Micah, we have to." I reply, "Amira said she's still there and-"

"I'm not going to say no again."

My eyebrow raised at him trying to be somewhat dominate in this situation, Yes I may have forgotten that we both die at the end of this but unlike him, I want to find any way out.
"I don't want to die and she's the only way-"

"Eli-"

I shush him with a raise of my hand, "Do not interrupt me again, Micah, I have a right to voice my concerns." He nods his head reluctantly, "We do not trust her for obvious reasons but we can always use the fact that you're her son to try and get her to give us some information."

"And then what? We have the information but we still do not have the resources to get what we want."

"Well we can also get Amira to confirm the sub peace treaty, she said that she knows we need help and she's willing to give it to us."

"I don't like this,"

"I can't think of another way." I reply rubbing my hand on his as he looks down at me knowing the same thing. 

We need to talk to his mother.