The Nerd Life Episode 8: Don't Say A Word

Nerd life 8

I was kind of right about the awkwardness. We didn't speak at all on the way to my house. I thought about kissing him just to get the awkwardness over with. But who was Steph, and more importantly, what baby?

When I got out of the truck Aaron decided to speak to me.

"Listen, Naomi. I'm really sorry for what I did," He sighed, "Are you still going with me tomorrow?"

"Yeah," I answered, but I didn't want to.

"Okay," He grinned, "I'll pick you up at two."

I made sure I grabbed all my things and shut the truck door. All I really wanted to do was take a shower and crawl in bed, but it was only four thirty. However tomorrow was Sunday so it didn't matter to much.

When I got to the house, I noticed nobody was home. So I made a Hot Pocket for dinner. I ate it on the way upstairs. I literally took a five minute shower. I put on a pair of shorts and a faded graphic tee that had so many stains on it I had retired it to bedtime use only.

I put a black throw blanket over the window so the sunlight wouldn't kill my eyes. I finally dozed off an hour later after going over today's events in my head, until I decided I did nothing wrong.

****************************************

I woke up when I heard a car door slam outside. I went downstairs to see mom and dad. They looked dog tired when they finally came through the front door.

"Hey. What's up guys?" I crossed my arms in an attempt to keep them warm as I waited for their response.

"The cops found your brothers jeep. It was abandoned on the side of the road about seventy miles north of here," mom sighed.

"Tyler was a good kid before this. Why is he acting out like this?" My father shook his head, " It really blows my mind."

I didn't want everybody saying Tyler wasn't good, especially considering we didn't know what was going on. I thought it was harsh, it was technically the weekend. Maybe they went on a weekend roadtrip.

"Well goodnight," I smiled before going back upstairs. I crawled under the covers in the fetal position. It was easier for me to fall asleep, especially since the tears made my eyes dry.

****************************************************

I was woke up again around seven when I heard my cellphone go off. I answered it without looking at the number.

"Hello?"

"Sis?"

"Tyler? Where are you?" I sat up quickly happy he had finally called.

"I can't tell you where I am, but Millie and I are both safe."

"Mom will be so relieved."

"Naomi. You can't tell anyone about this call. If you do, I'll stop calling you, and you know I will."

"It's good to hear you haven't changed much," I sighed, "But you better call me often."

"Okay, but I have to go and I will call you later."

I closed my cellphone and tried to go to sleep, but I was too wired from getting a call from Tyler. I was relieved they were both okay.