The Nerd Life Episode 15: Romantic Picnic

We stopped by our hotel room and grabbed our overnight bags. Millie stayed in the truck and it gave us the perfect chance to talk about what had happened.

"What was that?" I asked. I felt like crying. It wasn't fair to Millie for to act like a baby for no reason.

"He has changed a lot," Aaron held me in a comforting embrace. I leaned my head against his strong shoulder.

"How far along is Millie?"

"Four or five months I think," He sighed, "That's why he kept Millie away from your house and he stopped going to parties. Thank goodness she graduated early. Only her family and closest friends knew she was pregnant."

"Some of his friends knew as well," I breathed in Aaron's scent. He smelled like mint and hay. It was beautiful.

"I didn't know until the day before they left," I felt him shake his head, "Millie's dad kicked her out. Tyler was too ashamed to take her to your house."

"He is so stupid," I pulled away when I remembered Millie was still out in the truck, "Let's go home."

*********************************

A few hours later we arrived at Aaron's house. He had called ahead and Aaron's mom invited Millie and I to stay for dinner. I woke up Millie as Aaron ran inside. She woke up scared.

"Are you okay?" I tried to calm her down. She struggled to sit up and I lent a hand.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks," She slowly let herself drop to the ground, "Tyler broke up with me."

"I'm sorry honey," I hugged her and held her arm as we made our way to the house, "Tyler is crazy. I can't believe he would treat you like this."

"He doesn't believe the baby is his," I could tell she was trying very hard not to cry, "But I swear Naomi, he is the only guy I have ever been with. I love him."

I nodded as I rang the doorbell. Demi and Jake answered the door. Jake was half hidden behind Demi's wheelchair, but I could see he had the same goregous blue eyes as Aaron and their mother.

"Hey Naomi! Come on in." demi ushered us in politely.

We stepped in and followed them to the kitchen. Aaron's mom was setting the table when we walked in. She came over to Millie when she noticed us standing there.

"You must be Millie. Follow me please," she pulled Millie into the living room and I watched as they disappeared. I felt Aaron's arm slip around me.

"Hey," I turned in his arms, "Where did you run off to?"

"I went to prepare our romantic picnic. Which, if you will follow me, is right this way," he grabbed my hand, "Close your eyes."

I did. Amazingly I didn't stumble once.

"Okay you can open them now."

We were at the fountain where our almost kiss had occured. A thick velvet cloth sat under a picnic basket and two place settings. Two wine glasses sat on the fountain. A bottle of sparkling water beside them.

"This is amazing," I turned to him and with tears of joy added, "You're amazing."

"You are the amazing one Naomi."

We ate and drank in silence, just staring at each other and enjoying each other's company. We loaded the basket with the left over food and the dishes. We left out the glasses and Aaron poured us each another glass.

We held each other as the horses grazed and the beautiful sun set. It got chilly after the sun had set and Aaron left to take everything inside. I sat on the edge of the fountain and waited for him to return.