The Nerd Life Episode 12: Don't Want To Love You

When we got home I didn't know what to do. When I needed advice I didn't have a friend in the world to help me. I needed Aaron, I wanted Aaron. I sighed. I had to do something.

It was only two thirty. I went to my room and packed an overnight bag. I was going to Tennessee even if I had to get on a bus.

****************************************************

At exactly three thirty I called Aaron. To my relief he took my call.

"Naomi?"

"Aaron I need your help," Tears were in my eyes. I knew I made a huge mistake when I told the cops, "They are going to get Tyler and Millie."

"Isn't that good?"

"No Aaron. I just need a ride to the bus station and you'll never have to speak to me again."

"I'll be there in five. We need to talk."

I hung up my cell and put it in my back pocket. It wouldn't be easy to sneak past my parents which is why I decided to sneak out my window.

I went ahead and put my stuff on the roof. I climbed out the window and braced myself to jump. I tossed my bags on the ground. They made a soft thud when they hit the ground. I let my body hang off the edge of the roof. I was probably four feet away from the ground.

I didn't know what to do next. When I heard Aaron's truck and dropped. I landed with a loud thud. I picked up my bag and ran to Aaron's truck.

"Naomi!" I turned to see my dad running out of the house. I scrambled into the truck.

"Drive!" I screamed as I locked the door. Aaron obliged and I flung forward. I righted myself and buckled my seatbelt.

We rode in silence for a long time.

"So how far are we going?"

"Just to the bus station."

"I'm not letting you ride a bus to Tennessee."

"How did you know they are in Tennessee?" I braced myself for another lie.

"What do you want me to say?"

"I want you to tell me the truth."

"Tell me about Tyler," I looked out the window, "Everything."

"Your brother aproached me about you. He knows I like you. And you didn't know me that well he offered to pay me two hundred dollars."

"You took the money!" I screamed, interupting Aaron.

"Tyler thinks I took the money! I gave it to Millie. She's pregnant, they need the money more than I do," he looked at me with a frown, "You have to believe me! Please?"

"You know what I think?" I asked with watery eyes, "I think you would have let this go on until I fell completely in love with you."

"Naomi I never meant to hurt you."

"Too late for that."