Chapter 30

ERIC MAXWELL

"Nate also was kicked out when admitted our relationship to his family. They have disowned him from the family, putting all blame on me." He tightens the hand around my waist.

"What a fucking loving family you guys have?" He chuckled after hearing my comment.

"For me family meant nothing. However, Nate was different. Although, he from the busiest family business, at least his parents have enough time to spend with their children. He was not lacking anything except his interest diverted from his family expectation."

"What is it?"

"Nate was an eldest son out of four siblings. His parents wished him to take over the company. Thus, putting him in high pressure. That is one factor they easily disown him without thinking twice. They thought him as an ungrateful son. It took almost a few months for him to get back on his feet. We married not long after that in the small church once he recovered from depression. We start a new life, forgetting all these selfish humans. The starting point really painful, but we have each other to support. Nate applied a part time as an art teacher while I struggled to reform a new business line."

"So, he also has an interest in the art?"

"Yes, he was. He has no interest in the business world. We slowly built up our income and living comfortably. One day, Maxim told me the company almost gone because of stupid greedy cousins. I bought all the company equity. Then only showed myself when the company changed its ownership."

"I guess the new owner is you, am I right?"

"Yes love. Grandfather shocked and maybe slightly ashamed at that time. He had chosen to retreat behind the scene. The relatives begging me to give them a second chance. After considering all aspects, I let them continue working there. Their greediness still lurking beneath the sincere mask. In simple word, they are waiting me dying. Because I am gay and have no heir, automatically they think my wealth will fall on their laps."

"I just ignored and treated them like I treat normal workers. They had lost my trust and wasting the opportunity grandfather gave to them. The fool still the fool till the end. Our life have up and down, loving and quarrelling like a normal couple. He always complaint I have no time for him." He laughed a little.

"Guess we have tasted the same feeling." He sighed.

"What do you mean? He tightened his hugs around me.

"Lonely and coldness in our own bedroom." I paused. Studying his facial changed in the mirror.

"I am sorry." He apologizes. "I promise to eliminate the habit.

"Never mind. Please continue the story." I patted his arm.

"Aside from his interest in the art, Nate also active in charity programs. Every weekend he would be around the hospital and made a large donation mostly to cancer related programs. One day, he told me about the poor but a strong patient. According to the doctor, the patient wouldn't be able to live pass a year due a heart failure in the last stage. Every single day he told me the same story about the patient."

"Who is he?" I asked.

"Guess who?" He questioned me back.

"Me?"

"Yes, love. Everyday Nate was visiting you without you knowing it. He knew you hate sympathize and pity. Mostly, he was visiting you when you were in deep sleep. Our marriage lasted for five years when he suddenly met the dismissal. That day, I was disagreeing when he wanted to go to his family house. Four hours later, I got a called from the police station. Nathan involved in an accident or rather he lost control in rainy day when avoiding another incoming car. The report said the other party slightly under drug influence. At that time, I was feeling like facing a death's door. All my life turned dark and my mind stopped functioning. I forgot how I went to the hospital and hugged a bloody body."