Chapter 1

ERIC MAXWELL POV

I was thinking today may my last day. The bright sunny day, the chirping birds and the harmonious nature. It is nice to able consuming it. Unfortunately, I only can taste half of it in my whole life.

My life since youth had been restrained by family and specialist strict rule. I can't do this, I can't do that. I need to avoid this and that food. I must maintain this healthy disgusting food. Ninety percent of the tripped I done in my life was in and out hospital. My parents put me under homeschooling after I got severed attack in grade two. With no friend except the temporary friends from same circle when I was admitted to the ward. To sum up, I am living in sheltered life.

My rebellious phase a bit late compared to usual teenager's age. For the first time I fought with my parents and siblings the days they spot the university offer letter. They don't want me to be far away from them. Especially, my brother who had arranged me to be his secretary. What a bullshit!

On that day, I was like an erupted volcano, lashing out years of accumulation tensions. I had unlocked the Pandora box allowed it to withstand with their opposition party. After a few shouted, high pitched tone, begging and used the tears method, finally I won over them. The most ridiculous moved I used when I almost emptying the saving account by bought things from online website. For the first time, I bought my own clothes, briefs and shoes with several games stuffs.

Mom almost gets a heart attack when they delivered it. While dad was still keeping his cool with pale face. He scolded me because I had wasted my saving for nothing. I just replied them with a smug smile. Did I repent after that? The answer is no. oppositely, I got addicted and repeating it again to express the super bored I was. Finally, dad was the first person defeated in that debate. He allowed me taken the offer with a few conditions that I MUST comply without failed.

Without further ado, I would introduce myself. My name is Eric Maxwell, a third year student of T university, majoring in business. People called me with different names, depend what suit to their taste. I have a big brother and a big sister, I am the youngest. Oh yeah, I ain't a dutiful brother as I harbor quite deep jealousy and resentment toward them because they could everything they wished without any restraint. They had made me feel so useless and nothing special even though I had beaten them from IQs terms. But, it was nothing new since high intelligence always run in our family. On their side, they fiercely love me.

My hobby is arts but I didn't take arts course at University. I even could contemplate any arts flawless. My policy is hobby shall stay as a hobby. Why? Because you shouldn't have blend your profession with hobby that will cause a great pressure in the future. Business majoring will secure my future, that if I still alive until that time. Arts were mostly coaxing my tension, lonely and envy toward healthy peoples. A channel to disperse the negative mood. And, that only thing that my parents approved since it didn't excessive my health. I had a long list to do but got rejected the moment my parents and siblings saw it.

Wonder why I was like spoiled rich bastard or 'boochama' or like damsel in distress or Rapunzel in man version? I was born as premature newborn and was diagnosed with heart failure. My chance to survive only fifty-fifty the second I was out from my mum's tummy. Since then, I had been living in a golden cage, either at home or hospital.

Those protective guardians also banned me from playing games and watch any thriller, horror, action movie that could trigger an excited heart. Grrr.... No shopping, no any mmropg type of games. Simple word, no entertainment. Would you survive under those conditions? Oh yeah, my caring parents also banned me from sex matter as well. Meaning that I am still virgin until this moment without any single released yet. Fortunately, my libido level also lower than a normal man, I think.