Chapter 16

Russel Hendricks

It's almost one hour, but I haven't seen Eric's figure yet. There is no way he was taking one hour just to change a clothes. Speaking of it, I saw the woman is intentionally spilled the wine over Eric's clothes. That's because, I could see clearly when someone is approaching him from where I stood. Or rather he still kept staying at the place where I can see him.

That was one a reason why I could interfered when his ex-boyfriend, the same man who invited him over dinner a few days ago approached him. The man really made me annoyed to extreme. The loathing fire burned in me every passing second when I could guess he tried to rein Eric back. If this is some black alley I had punched him half dead. How dare he touched what belong to me?

I wished Eric would distance himself, but knowing him, I doubt he would be someone who will create the scene. Until now he still regrets when almost being the molested victim and smeared shit on my face. When my loathing at the high level, I'd chosen to disturb their lovely reminiscence moment.

Getting close, I could hear what had them talking about. A strange happiness bubbling in my heart seeing the shameless man still trapped in nonexistence dream. Eric's words confirmed the man only have one sided love after they'd break up. Unfortunately, the man was the persistence type. Trying his best to rebirth their love story again.

I get closer and intentionally put my hand on Eric's body. If the man really clever he could what had guessed the double meaning behind my word and action. I swear, I saw Eric lifted his lips upside in mocking. Sorry man, no matter what you did this man is mine now. Your chance already gone.

After the incident, I kept my eyes more on Eric. In preventing if the man dares approach him again. The annoyed man also keeping his eyes on Eric too. In that annoying moment, I saw a woman deliberately bumped into Eric and spilled the drink. The woman also smirked once her plan successfully.

With icy glares, I put my blazer covering the stained on his clothes. Fortunately, I'd asked Claudia to prepare a set of changing clothes. The one I secretly ordered from the same tailor. After Eric's figure disappeared, I saw the fake victim run to certain man. So, the motive was jealousy. Wow, woman jealousy really the ugly sight.

And, it's not something new I saw in my life. But this one really had exceeded my tolerate part in me. With a devil mind urged me to do something, I choose the sluttiest woman to get a revenge. With the revenge flooding in mind, I give the fake charming smile to swoon the lucky offender heart.

"Hey, Marie, are you alone tonight?" I asked the selected woman.

"Nope, with my current 'boyfriend'.' She said with the over seducing smile.

"Oh, I see. Truly sorry for disturbed you. Enjoy your night, dear." When I turned around, a snake like hand has already circled around my arm.

"You're better than him." The woman said, "Why your mood seems sour?" She asked. A bait taken.

"Nah, saw an eyesore in the same party." I leaned on the wall.

"Which one?" From the corner of my eyes, I saw her eyes lingering around.

"The one with creamy strapless cocktail dress."

"Oh, I see. What do you think the best colour to add on the lovely dress?" Marie said with smirking smile.

"Whatever color you deem befitting her."

"Then, what is my gift?" She gives the meaningful stare.

"Whatever you want except sex." I said because all the women knew I only bedded them as a one night stand.

"New limited edition of jewelry set with a dinner." She winks.