Chapter 9

ERIC MAXWELL

A week without the man around actually made me realized something off with my life. I felt incomplete... empty. I don't know because after married he for almost two months meant I had been sleeping with someone, sharing a same bed and some private moments.

The same feeling I'd never feel when I was with Frank. Ignoring the strange feeling I continued painting the current artwork. However, the strange feeling in me affected the colour I put on the canvas to my horror. I tried my best ignoring it. The canvas as if my personal diary that I had chosen to share with people. It's only up to them if they can decipher the meaning behind it or not.

The reason why I was so attracted to the arts, mainly because I wanted to leave my trace behind if one day my breath ceased from breathing. I wanted people to know I was exist at the one point. Another, because I really loved with it. It has a free spirit letting you voice out all the feeling you stuffed inside.

A painting could take away all the unnecessary feeling I felt, cleansing my mind as well a spirit. It lets me land in the isolate space just for myself. I would love to spend all times in painting if I could. As I was hiding my presence from public it is not wise to be unemployed but have money to spend. People will curious and I may catch in a bad position. That is why I need to work like a normal person.

My hand stopped when a ringtone cut my song. I take the phone from my pocket. A smile and shocked run my face. Amelia name with a foolish grinned picture appeared while I contemplate to taking the call. The first call ended unanswered but the woman not give up yet. I take it on the second ring.

"Whassup, dearest sister." I rolled my eyes. This woman never calls me too late like now before.

"Did you see the gossip tabloid today?" Mel obviously screamed into innocent phone.

"No... Why?" I ask incurious.

"You... see..." Amelia tone turn down which I really appreciate it. "You see Russell... damn." She cursed slightly. My heart nervously beating when Amelia spilled Russel's name?

"What? Just tell me please." I asked her mostly I am lazy to read the tabloid.

"Did you guys had some quarrel? I just am wondering." Mel sound worried.

"Nope... we are just okay." I said monotone.

"Glad to hear it. Actually, in today tabloid issue focussed on Russel with some singer. Guess the media just need some hot topic to blast the singer popularity." My lip curve upside as I heard Mel try comforting me.

"Oh, I think his company is a big sponsor for the singer word tour." My heart sinks a little and choose the reasonable excuse to eliminate sister suspiciously.

"I guessed he hadn't told you anything, right?" With her sharp perceptive mind, she had guessed the correct one. Scary!

"Yeah, when in private he banned us from discussing business related." I try to control the wave of nervousness in my voice.

"Sure. By the way, stay positive or you may call him to clarify the status." No, I can't do it. Although he is my husband, our married life not like the normal pair. He may choose whenever he likes, man or woman, for the future candidate.

"Don't worry... I have prepared my mental the day I accepted his love. Marrying him was like married a celebrity." Mostly I was comforting the dull feeling in me.

"Glad my Lil bro had grown his balls big as a soccer ball." I rolled my eyes upon her jokes.

"Yeah, big enough to breed a dozen of evildoer heir." I can imagine how she rolled her eyes now.