Chapter 27

Within Temptation - What have you done

MAXIM

I hope this time Russel would truly smile as he supposed to be. When his parents called me back, I was shocked to see how he has conducted his life after returned from a business trip. He'd turned the company into the abyss. The women who love taking advantage and gossip scared like little chicks. All because the one they admirer turned like a devil, torturing them mentally.

Even for small mistakes costing a high price. Every staffs in the secretarial department prayed they would not be chosen as the next Russel's secretary. A scene you never dream of. After a little investigation, I found the root caused is a man called Eric. He has biggest guts counterfeited Russel signature. Thus, he got an approval to resign without fuss.

Eric, you are truly a man up to the man pride. You have successfully melted the iceberg emperor. Although, the emperor yet to realize it. Well done! Now my fear become true. You gone caused the sanest man turned as a devil, hunting people even in their dream. I will give you a credit for that.

I used all connection I have to locate him but only get a negative feedback. Russel's parents still clueless about their only son married another man again. Resulting, they would never get a daughter in law in this entire life. Serve them right.

Narrow-minded parents shall get their karma too. In the truth, I never hold any begrudge against them. For me they are more parent figure than my own parents were. Mrs. Hendricks always showed me a motherly affection, as she was my mother best friend. That's what I saw with my eyes.

Eric changed Russel to a better man. Honestly, I like Eric more than Nathan does. Nathan unable to changes Russel to this extend because he was too soft and like a puppy. Eric is more like a lion, living as he feels right, free as a wind. Deep inside, I felt Eric is a better matched to cold Russel.

I supported their loves after admittedly the defeated. Accepting the fact Russel just like me as a close friend. There will be no romance between us. However, the recent changes make me confidence with a newfound love of him. He chose the right person.

"Hello." I dialed one of my business collaboration friends after detecting something interesting in his newly posted picture in Instagram.

"Hey, Max, why you call me out of the blue?" I am playing with the beer can in my hand.

"Spotting an interesting person in your newly posted picture." I sip the drink.

"Which one?" He asked.

"The one you took in front a big cat."

"You meant a lion, isn't it?"

"Yes, where are you taking it?"

"Kenya, their savannah park really amazing. The trip is so worthy for your money." Patrick laughed. "Do you know the person?"

"A friend. What he did there?"

"The brown T-shirt or a plain blue man?"

"The blue shirt."

"The man is tagging along with his close friend whom working with a group of wildlife researchers." He said. That is why we cannot detect him leaving the country. He was so clever, camouflaging his track by following a group of researcher.

"Then, do enjoy your holiday, bro and sorry for disturbing." I said to him.

"So cold... anyway see you soon." Patrick end our conversation.

Next, I call a man name Caleb, a tabloid reporter and also Eric's brother in law. At first, the man refused to help me. Seem like he knew Eric whereabouts all along. They must despise Russel so much to not disclosure Eric hidden place. What a beautiful family relationship.