Chapter 21

ERIC MAXWELL

From the circling rumour, I knew who culprit spreading the pictures. Carmen, Sabrina and the person who set up my workstation had been fired immediately. Apparently, that noon the staffs were witnessing the awoken of great demon. Scaring them to the death.

I don't know where these culprits got the pictures. As I remembered, I'd never meet them before I stepped here. The source of the picture is in great mystery as Russel wrapped the case alone. He seems to know something, but deciding not telling me anything.

The office quite peacefully since the rotten eggs had been clear out. I could breathe without need to put a mask. Although, the effect not clearly clean, but still bearable. I just ignore these people with prejudice eyes.

Russel also kept me under his watch, twenty-four hours and seven days. He began bringing me into the board meeting room and introduced me to everyone. One thing I can conclude, Russel comes from high breed species. All his relatives inherit amazing traits, brilliant brain and outspoken. Nevertheless, Russel is tenfold perfect than his other cousin and only one in his own rare class.

Sounding as if I am over praising and treat him as a super rare human. Kind of praising him over the outer space. Crazy! I remembered the first time I entered the room, my knees almost gave up. Russel patted my back, whispering encourages words, and advises me to ignore these unimportant figures.

Heck! All the eyes on me, so how I am supposed to calm down. They scrutinize me up and down and some gave sneering sounds. I followed behind Russel and sat beside him. The glaring from his relatives becoming more and more as if they had burnt me alive.

How this man can withstand this great pressure without a flinch? His eyes were evenly strong against these glaring eyes. Sensing my stiffened, he grabs my hand under the table while hearing one by one presenting their report. He used his thumb to poke around my palm, sending waves of calming.

In just a minute, I got my calmness again. Taking a deep breath and slowly exhale it out, I began my job as a perfect secretary. A perfect match to this great demon too. Sorry, for my overly praising own self. I recorded minutes of meeting in detailed.

The moment meeting adjourned, two people gave me unreadable looks. They look almost similar as Russel. One of them is the old man barged into Russel's office previously. I knew he was Russel's father. The other is a woman. I guessed she was his mother or maybe something close to it.

"You get a good secretary here." The woman suddenly throws a bomb out of nowhere. "A lot better than any slut."

"Yeah, he is more capable than someone who ready to spread her legs anytime soon. At least he doesn't distract me from the duty." Come Russel retorted.

"Good, hope he hasn't turned like previous faggot." The sentence ignited an anger in his figure. A room become tense and suffocated.

"Hey, let's go." Without the glance Russel walk passing them. A faggot? Who he was? Maxim? No, he is like a golden egg in this office. Maybe his previous lover? My eyes widened. They is no way, I was his first man. Someone like him never lacks any bait to capture a man or woman.

Moreover, he'd confessed before we married, he swings both ways. Why I was so blind to see it? Woman never be my enemy because his heart belongs to a man. Where the person now? Why they separate? Did it have anything with his parent objection?

Maybe he married me only to shit on his parent's face. A way to tarnish their good image and clogged the word in their throat. Thinking it like this same as saying, I was only his tool of revenge. A hand touched my face break the disillusion state.