Chapter 7

ERIC MAXWELL

Today is the most nerve wrecking day. Why? Because today I would be officially become a husband to another man. The man beside me wearing a black suit contras for me who wearing the white attire suit as if the color had determined our role in marrying life.

We signed the paperwork for getting marriage certificate and I decided to change my surname to him. If I still used my surname, my family might suspect something off in our marriage. Mostly through the process my mind was in a dazed state. I just realized everything happened too sudden for my liking. Once the officer announced we are officially becoming husband and husband, out of nowhere the tears flowing down my cheeks.

A tear of happiness. The announcement causing me feel completed. Damn! I can't stop this mixing feeling although I knew the reality not like what we were displaying. Russel brushed the remaining hot tears, a softness appears in his usual cold eyes. He grabbed me into his embrace. An embracing that provide me a safety escape.

Russel lead me into his car as his friend drove into my brother house. A friendly relatives and close friends coming to congratulate me. Their face filled with shocked after they knew who my husband was. In this small gathering, we exchanged the ring. I spotted father's eyes moistening and mom didn't hide her tears either. There also a family picture taken.

After the celebration over, we excuses our self. As per earlier discussion I moved to his house. Fortunately, the house sure displayed his rich in a modest way. In heart, I knew this is not his only house. He was leading me inside with the two elderly trailing behind us. He introduced them as Claudia and his husband Jamie.

My heart halted as he unlocked the master bedroom. My mouth clamp when I remembered his word that this marriage not considered really an emptied in his point of view. As a good dutiful collateral property, I need to fulfil all these conditions.

I am a man so why I need to feel scared. Entering the room, a wave of strange hit me. The room is out of my initial expectation. It is empty from any form of livelier with complete white walls as well as the white furniture. The decorative sent a vibe of emptiness, hollow and sorrow. As if the owner wish to be an invisible, vaporing into nothingness.

"You can treat this room as yours." He says.

"Okay." I put my luggage in another adjacent room. A room called a wardrobe. Opposite to the white room, the wardrobe contain almost 80 percent a black attires. This man really like a black colour. A colour that present stubbornness and high self-preserve as nothing can penetrate its defend or change its to another colour.

I put my luggage at another free corner, deciding to unpack it by tomorrow morning. My body had been itching and sweating from today celebration. I am getting out my towel and fresh clothes. Damn, I forgot to bring the toiletries set. Once I got inside the bathroom, I spotted the new toiletries set and it's strangely what I always used.

Inwardly, I am grateful for him being a thoughtful. I am intentionally taking a long bath to wash away the nervousness and anxiety, thinking tonight is our first night together. I meant someone as hot and rich as him won't stay virgin until this night right?

After taking almost an hour, I stepped out from the bath in pyjamas only to spot a bundle on one side of the bed. He blanketed from head to toe. Some part of me felt relieved and another... maybe disappointed.

With the tiredness hit me in a full blast, I have no time to think about the shame or awkward sharing the same bed with a stranger. Although, the stranger is my husband now. I took the empty side, silently put under the different comforter. In just a second my eyes slowly closed.