Chapter 23

ERIC MAXWELL

My mind unable to erase the indecent scene between Russel and Rachel. That night I can't even sleep at all, waiting he came back. However, the waiting was wasting a time. He did not come back until I checked out from the hotel.

The woman words also stung me deepening. When the last time I tasted the same bitterness? Oh yeah, the moment I was coming out as a gay. When my relatives spitted me with the bad insults. Seeing me as the trash. The woman also is a same species as them. She acted as a perfect woman in front Russel. Behind people back, she even worse than the sly fox.

"What are you doing here?" Rachel greets me with a hateful glare when opening her door on that night.

"Is Russel here?" I am politely asking her.

"If he is here or not, that is not your business. For your information, he valued me more than you faggot." She sneered.

"Rachel, I am asking you again, where is he?" I hardly can contain the boiling blood.

"Lets me tell you something to stop you from trap in delusion forever. Russell never ever can love you in this life or afterlife. In addition, he has promised to marry me instead. A vow he never can break away."

"What?"

"He used you to conceal our relationship from his family due some blood feud over some years ago. That is why he never treats me as he did to Carmen. You just one of his sleeping partners."

"If he really loves you, why he need to find another person to warm his bed? Aren't that only proof you also nothing in his life? Now, I wonder who is exactly in delusion."

"Insolent. No matter how smart your mouth, in the end Russel will be mine. He had promise someone to take me as a wife when that person passed away."

"Who?"

"If you want to know about the person, just find me when you really ready to know."

"Stop being attention bitch, Rachel. I know you are so obsessed with him. However, the end result still in his hand. You can't force someone to love you."

"I returned the advice to you back, Mr. Secretary. You meant nothing than replacement in his eye." She laughed like devil maniac.

No, I am not a replacement. - My mind screamed in hurt. Unconsciously, my hand slapped the woman. Thus, successful stopping her from continuing being a banshee. She wanted to provoke me. And yeah, she did it.

I never felt this kind of rage in my life before. I saw her face with truly hatred and murderous intent. Her word slashed my heart, rubbing the wound with salt.

"Don't think if you're woman I'll let you go easy. The woman like you disqualified to receive people respect. You're an evil reincarnation itself."

"How dare you!!" She glare me with utter hatred. Actually, the feeling is mutual.

"Don't think I'll let you humiliate me like this." I sneered at her.

"I tell you, this is just a misunderstanding on your side. Please hear my reason first." She sudden changed of mood make me feel weird. As the anger control myself, I failed to sense anything else. "You just a replacement and that is true." She whispered like triumphant bitch.

"What's the misunderstanding slut? You should work at brothel instead the company." Insulting her is one way to contain the fear and anger. Fearing what she just say was the truth behind our married prospect.