Chapter 20

RUSSELL HENDRICKS

Why he loved to confine inside the small studio house? Did he hide someone there? Impossible! He never brings extra food there except his own potion. What the heck is my mind thinking right now? Knowing Eric, he is not the type of loose man. He is a man who honors his promise like a dear life.

Although, he had 'runaway' with his ex-boyfriend recently, that was because my own fault. The neglecting case always caused humanity to find a way to inflict the same pain to the causer unconsciously. Admittedly, his way almost turned me crazy when I saw the pictures provided by a private detective.

Thus, I will be careful to avoid the same thing from occurs again. This man has his own temperament. Day by day, he begins showing it. I don't know if this changeable is heading in the right direction or not. Some part of me delight upon his openness. Another part ignited the scare in me.

The main question is what am I really feeling now? I am in deep confused. Confusing by my thinking and heart. Both have different ways of ideas. The moment I saw him with another man, a boiling blood rush to my head. Urging me to kill the person dared to touch what belongs to me.

Another time, I am feeling a big fear with sudden changing in the heart. It is not right and felt like a cheater. Or my love just not as strong as I proud of. Damn it! Nate, please give me a right answer. It is not like me to entangle in unanswered problem. Not like me at all.

I am also scared to ask him about the sketch. How he could sketched Nate's portrait perfectly? I stopped myself from question him, afraid if it only leads to another problem.

I am glad you start having a feeling to him. - My hand slipped causing the shaver nicks my chin. I saw Nate's reflection in the mirror with a genuine smile.

"What the hell!" – I grunted upon the remarked.

He is adorable and forgiving. A perfect match to your arrogant self. – He chuckled.

"The one I loved is only you." I said back to him.

You can love both of us. The difference is I was your past and he is your present. In this case, the cheater or betrayal never exists. I truly pray for you to find a trigger to restart your life again. – A sadness shrouded his figure.

Nate's figure disappeared when Maxim gets in my office room. He looks beaten with black circles around his eyes. I can guess what is going on when he took the emergency leave.

"Hey dude, have your head cool down?" I asked him.

"More and less.' He answers reluctant.

"Then, I think this resignation letter is useless now." I tear the letter caused him glare at me.

"That doesn't mean I will waste my effort here." He leans against the chair.

"That doesn't matter. The Maxim I knew is very caliber person." I shrugged my shoulder.

"Why you'd chosen a stranger as your partner? It didn't make any sense." Maxim complained.

"Love has no eyes, Max. Anyhow, thanks for taking immediate action over the last week chaos." I pour a coffee to him.

"I just defend company's image. Don't know how personnel team can take the trash in." He sighed. "How about him?

"Okay and he already bounced to his usual self." I tell him. Eric is not a weakling in my eyes. He is a real fighter. The fact that no one can deny.

"Good..." He trailed off. "This is just a small threat, Russel. Over the years, you have accumulated quite a lot of enemies, waiting to give you a guerrilla attack. And, he will become your greatest weaknesses." His word is true. The same tragedy will repeat again. Like what have Nate through before his dead.