Chapter 41

- Hector -

.

.

"Are you nervous?" Jenna asks me, and she looks like she is about to throw up.

"Yeah," I say, and she puts a smile on her face, probably a fake one.

"Dumb question," she laughs, and I can tell it's just the nerves getting to her.

I am about to say something, but someone sits next to me, and I look over to see a ticked off blonde girl.

I look over to her, and she violently bites a muffin. "Who woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" I try to joke, and I fail.

"Well, I did, and I also think that my mood is like this because when I got out of the shower, guess what I saw?" She says, and I can tell she is really pissed off.

I say, "I'm guessing it wasn't," I stop myself from making a joke, "something good."

"Yeah, Jo and Kevin were making out on the bed." She says, and Jenna's mouth drops open. What the hell is up with girls and all the grudges.

"What?" Jenna almost screams, but Al reaches across the table to cover her mouth.

"Why are you screaming?" Claire yawns and sits down next to Jenna.

Jenna pulls Al's hand off her mouth, "Your sister is dating Kevin."

"JO?" Claire whisper yells.

"What other sister do you have?" I say, and they all glare at me.

"No way." Claire says, and then someone sits down on my other side.

"No way what?" Maci asks and takes a bite of a muffin.

"Kevin and Jo are dating." Jenna says.

Maci's mouth drops, just like Jenna's reaction. "Oh my god, seriously?"

"Yeah." Al says, and she takes another bite of her muffin.

"How could she?" Maci says.

"Did she forget that he just tried to kill him?" Claire says, gesturing to me.

"And I'm over it." I say, and they all shoot me a glare. "Well, I am going to go and sit with my guy friends, and not be a part in your gossip circle." I stand from the table, and walk down to the other end of the table where the guys are sitting.

.

.

- Al -

.

.

"I still can't-" Jenna says, but she stops when Jo sits next to her.

"Okay look." Jo says, and I roll my eyes. "I like him. And he really has changed, and Hector has forgiven Kevin, so why can't all you?"

She waits for all of us to say something, and when we don't, she stands up, and marches out of the hall.

.

.

I sit in the testing room, and I feel like I am going to puke all over the ground. We can see the other initiates going through the simulation on the screens, but we can't see what they see. Everyone is fully aware during these simulations, and all you have to do is face the fear, or clam down enough to move on to the next fear. Maci is in there now, and is on her tenth fear, and she is panicking.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!" She screams. She is swatting at the man there in her imagination. It is kinda funny, even though I know it is going to be happening to me.