Chapter 28

- Hector -

.

.

After everyone fights, we go for dinner. I, of course, sit next to Al, and Jo, thankfully not Kevin or Tommy, sits on her other side. I try not to notice the two other boys staring at Al, but it is hard to whenever Al says something slightly funny, and they both smile at her, and look at her like she is a princess.

.

.

- Al -

.

.

Now that the girls pointed it out, I realize how much Hector, Tommy and Kevin all stare at me. I'm flattered, but it is kind of annoying. I mean, every time I say something stupid, they all stare at me, like I'm a queen or something. I'm not the only one who notices, though. Hector and Jo, who I sit between, both notice Tommy and Kevin.

When we are done with dinner, I stand up, and Hector wraps his hand around my waist as we walk out. He usually grabs my hand, but today, he is probably trying to make Tommy and Kevin jealous. I find it quite funny, how boys can go just as crazy over a girl than a girl does over a boy.

"What's so funny?" Hector asks, and I realize I was laughing.

"Nothing," I lie, and he shrugs.

We walk back to the room without talking. A few times he smiles at me, and I smile back, but it is mostly silent, but not an awkward silence, a nice one.

Once we come into the room, everyone is there, and they all stare at us, including my mom and dad, Tori, George, and Ethan. My dad stares at us, in complete shock, and my mom has a huge smile across her face. I smile back to her, and turn my attention to Ethan, who stands in the very middle, next to a board covered in a sheet, the rankings board.

"Okay, now that the love birds have joined us," Ethan says, and everyone looks at us, but turns backs to Ethan, "we can see the final rankings for the fighting."

He pulls the cover off the board, and the name in last flips over, Maci, we all clap, and Maci has a half smile on her face. The next name, 8th, flips, revealing Jenna's name. She smiles, and we all clap. After a few more names, there are only the top three left, and Hector, Kevin and I haven't been put on the.

"And in third place," Dad says, "Kevin!" We all clap, and Kevin smiles.

"Second goes to," Ethan says, and Hector grabs my hand, "Hector!" I pull Hector into a hug, and he hugs me back.

"And first place," Tori says, and smiles at me, "AL!!"

Everyone cheers, and I smile, Jo hugs me, and so does Claire.

Then, we see the full board,

1. Al

2. Hector

3. Kevin

4. Jo

5. Tommy

6. Claire

7. Jordan

8. Jenna

9. Maci

We all cheer some more, and I am hugged my Dad, Mom, Hector (again), Tori, George, and Jenna.

Once the excitement dies down, George pulls me to the side, and I have a feeling I know what this is about, Jenna.

"Hey Al, congrats," George says, as we step away from the crowd.

"Thanks. What's up?" I ask.

"Okay, so I know this is kind of crazy, saying I've only known her for a few days, but I was thinking..." He says, and I smile.

"I was thinking about asking Jenna out." He says, and looks over to Jenna and smiles.

"Yes!!'' I say, and his face lights up. "Oh my gosh, she'd love that."

"Really?" He asks, and I nod.

"Go!" I say, and push him over.

Jenna is talking to Jo and Kevin, and I step on my tiptoes to whisper into Jo's ear what is about to happen. She smiles, and then, Kevin realizes it.

"Can I steal these two for a moment?" I ask Jenna, and she nods, and I pull Jo and Kevin away, leaving Jenna away, and making it easier for George.

I watch them and describe what is going on to Jo and Kevin, who have their backs turned to Jenna and George. George says something and Jenna blushes. Then George says something else, and Jenna's jaw drops.

"He just asked her," I say, and Kevin and Jo turn around.

Jenna says something, and nods her head, and hugs George, so she faces away from us. George looks over at us, and smiles, and I do too.

.

.

Two Weeks Later

.

.

We all stand in the train car, around George and Amar, the two captains for capture the flag. There are more dauntless member a few years older than us, so there are enough people to play.

"Amar, you get first pick," George says.

"Jenna," Amar says, and everyone looks surprised, but Amar is probably only doing this to bother George, saying he and Jenna have been dating for two weeks now.

"I see how it is," George says, "Then I pick Al."

There are some 'ooos' from the crowd and I walk over to them.

"You going down 'R." I say.

"Don't get too cocky, little sis." He says back.

"Hector." Amar says, and Hector smiles.

"Jo."

"Kevin."

"Tommy."

"Jordan."

"Claire."

"Maci."

"Liam." George says, and one of the other dauntless members comes over.

"Steve."

"Emma."

"Tami."

"Bobby."

"Izzy."

"Kate."

"Zach."

"Kyle." George says, as the train slows. Amar's team jumps out first, and right before Hector jumps, he gives me a quick peck on the lips, causing Tommy to give Hector a glare, but Hector's already out of the train.

.

.

AN

Oh my gosh!!!! Over 6,000 reads!!!!!! Thank you all so much!!!!! ILYSM!!!!

Sorry for the kinda short chapter. The next one will be really long!

Vote & Comment & Share!!!!