Chapter 100

Song: This Love by Taylor Swift

This love is a life back from the dead ....
These hands had to let it go free ...
And this love came back to me ...

I took one long look at Henry again before placing a kiss on his cheek and leaning back into him. My arms slid around his waist, holding on to him dearly. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you, too."

We clung onto each other for another minute before letting go. I stared up at him again in disbelief, hoping this wasn't some good dream  within a dream where I couldn't tell the difference between reality from fantasy.

My hands gently felt his cheeks again. "It is really you."

He smiled. "It's really me, Ally." He placed his forehead on mine. "This time, it's for real. No more lies, no more hiding. It's you and me, together."

I smiled out of happiness.

"Let's go inside," I told him, and he nodded.

I led him inside our home. From when we entered the front doors, Henry peered up from the floor to the ceiling and slowly surveyed the renovated house just like Violet did earlier in the evening.

"Ally, it's—," Henry was speechless. He finally turned to me with a smile. "It's wonderful. I don't know what else to say. Everything you did for this house, our home—it's absolutely beyond my imagination."

"I'm happy you like it, Henry."

"Why did you?"

"Because it's your home. It's our home. And I don't want to raise our children anywhere else but here."

Henry kissed the temple of my head. "I can't thank you enough."

I smiled and placed my hand up to his cheek, checking his dull features. "You lost some weight. Have you been eating right? Are you hungry? Did you eat anything yet? What did you want me to make for you?"

He laughed softly. It was good to hear his chuckle again in person. "I'm fine, honey. Don't worry about it. I don't want to do anything but be with you and our baby. You probably have lots of questions for me, right?"

I nodded. "So many that I don't even know where to begin."

"That's what I thought."

"How about this? You go change upstairs and come down to the living room while I whip you up a quick late snack and some warm milk. How does that sound?"

He nodded. "That's perfect."

Henry kissed my cheek before leaving to go upstairs, and I went to the kitchen to make him a sandwich, a fruit bowl, and a warm cup of milk.

"The food is ready." I placed the tray of food onto the glass coffee table and sat next to Henry who had changed into comfortable clothes. "You have to eat everything."