Chapter 75

Song: FRZZN by Ozzie

We can get high if ya want ...
Blowin purple to the sky if ya want ...

"You do? That's a first," he mocked with a grin. "What did you have in mind then?"

"I wanted to make dinner for you. I don't think I have ever cook anything for you to eat before. You were always the one who'd cook for me."

"You have made me something before. Don't you remember?"

I stopped in my tracks, and Henry did the same. "I have? When?"

"Ally, you don't have a very good memory, do you?"

I frowned. "Tell me when."

He chuckled. "You made me the soup when I was sick, remember?"

The memory Henry mentioned about flashed into my mind. "Oh, I forgot about that day." We continued walking again. "But still, it didn't count because it wasn't a meal. It was just soup. I want make you a three course dinner tonight."

"I'm excited then. What are you going to cook?"

"You ask too much questions."

"You did the same then."

I smiled and rolled by eyes at him. "You'll have to wait and find out what's on the menu tonight."

We made a stop at the grocery store around the corner to grab some meats, vegetables, and supplies. Henry followed closely behind me as I picked out the items from each aisle. He was probably trying to find out what I was making for him tonight—I could tell from this behavior.

The time was a little before five when we walked back through the hotel doors with our bags full of groceries.

When we stepped inside the elevator, I took out the card key that I had arranged earlier with the front desk and showed it off proudly to Henry before holding it up against the scanning screen. After the light flickered green, I pressed the gold button with the number fifty-five.

"You're so prompt now, Ally."

"Are you saying I never was before?" I picked on him.

"No, that's not what I meant, honey." Henry chuckled. "I mean to say, I really appreciate you cooking dinner for me."

"That's better." I mocked him with a grin.

When we stood in front of the suite door, I scanned the card key to open the door.

Henry's secretary said this was one of the best suites in the hotel and fortunately it was available tonight for my use.

The suite had a large open living room with ceiling-high windows, a marble-tile-floor kitchen with an island counter, and one master bedroom.

"Where did you want me to place your groceries, chef?" Henry asked as we walked inside.

"You can place them on the island counter. Thank you, dear."